The first of the HRC Honda RTL models the 250S.
Very nice original condition.
These were a very expensive, limited edition Trials bikes straight from HRC Japan. The bike that cemented Honda's domination of 4 stroke trials bikes that has continuous heritage right up to today with Toni Bou and the 4RT.
1985-87 Honda RTL250s (Honda Code ND9)
The first RTL’s prototypes were made around 1985 and developed by HRC. Honda's Racing Department.
The prototype was brought to Europe from Japan from Masaya Yamamoto who was testing this special unit. It was also tested by Eddy Lejeune and his brother Erick.
it was a large break from the traditional twin shock configuration with new rear shock absorber position, monoshock , inclined to make enough space under the seat. Also the front double tubbbing was a novelty to fix the engine and to fit the oil radiator.
The big silencer (fully hand made) and the air lateral holes under the seat were later part of the strong personality of this wonderful and spectacular bike.
First 1985 RTL’s were equiped with drum brakes and had 249cc displacement, later this capacity were increased on the official bikes to 270cc. 1988 models were disk brakes.
This RTL250S works was made in 1985.
These first monoshock models was the base for the later renowned Rothmans works RTL250s (increased to 270cc) for the Lejeune and Saunders Honda Team.
Steve Saunders, Martin Lampkin,and later John Shirt rode with these special machines.
Maximum Power: 14 hp at 6.000 rpm
Maximum torque: 2,05 Kg/m at 4.000 rpm
Wheelbase: 1,315 mm
Caster angle: 25º
Front suspension: Telescopic
Rear Suspension: Pro-link
Weight: 82 Kg
We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide (and Internationally) for very reasonable rates. Please contact us with your location for an accurate freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store. 02.8424.6400
Classifieds from trials dealers
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- The Hell Team
- Posts: 340
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:31 am
- Location: Between Hell and High Water.....
- IMG_4073.jpg (862.27 KiB) Viewed 630 times
- IMG_4072.jpg (646.89 KiB) Viewed 630 times
- IMG_4071.jpg (481.96 KiB) Viewed 630 times
- IMG_4070.jpg (880.76 KiB) Viewed 630 times
- IMG_4069.jpg (776.11 KiB) Viewed 630 times
- IMG_4068.jpg (685.98 KiB) Viewed 630 times
- IMG_4067.jpg (901.81 KiB) Viewed 630 times
- IMG_4065.jpg (1007.7 KiB) Viewed 630 times
- IMG_4064.jpg (797.28 KiB) Viewed 630 times
- IMG_4063.jpg (985.08 KiB) Viewed 630 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests