Brooweena event 30 June 1 July 2012

News & last-minute updates for trials events. Need directions? Ask in here.

Moderator: Moderators

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Brooweena event 30 June 1 July 2012

Postby David Lahey » Mon May 21, 2012 8:34 am

A date has been set for Brooweena 2012. The weekend of 30 June/1 July
I don't have any more details yet but previous years have been run as Twinshock and Classic - only events with riding on Saturday afternoon and Sunday.
Brooweena is located about 50km inland from Maryborough, Queensland

relax, nothing is under control

Reinald
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: SWM TL320 1982
Club: WDTC

Re: Brooweena event 30 June 1 July 2012

Postby Reinald » Thu May 31, 2012 1:57 pm

Central QLD Trials Club will host the trial at Brooweena, Saturday June 30 & Sunday July 1 - Brooweena is located west of Maryborough, it is an annual event organised by Maryborough district riders. The trial is exclusively for twinshock classic, and post classic motorbikes. Full details to be confirmed, but the norm is to ride Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning as a group, with camping available on the property, costs for riders are $10 for seniors and $5 for juniors, add $20 if an MQ day licence is required, also add $5 if not a current CQTC member.

I'd rather be a D grade participant than an A grade spectator....

jacks1071
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: tba
Club: Central QLD

Postby jacks1071 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Pity its twin shock only, I heard that this is usually an awesome event.

Mark K
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: TY175, OSSA MAR

Postby Mark K » Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:15 pm

jacks1071 wrote:Pity its twin shock only, I heard that this is usually an awesome event.
It is an awesome event, and its not a pity .... Just beg, borrow, or steal yourself an old bike and get there. OK Don't really steal one, but you know what I mean.

Reinald
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby Reinald » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:23 am

On behalf of Greg:-

Updated details for the Brooweena Twinshock Nonstop Trial - Sat 30/6 & Sun 1/7/12.

The trial is a Twin Shock nonstop event, with a very social leaning. The huge bonfire on Saturday night continues that social scene and the weekend concludes with a ride on Sunday morning, allowing those who have travelled time to get home.

The event is organised by the Maryborough district riders, and will run under the direction of CQ Trials Club (a Motorcycling Queensland (MQ) affiliated club).
An MQ licence is required to ride at the event, Single Event Licences will be available.
Riding fees: Nomination $10 per rider, Non-CQTC club members add $5, Single Event licence, if required add $20 (please advise if required, to ensure enough on hand).
The event is non-competitive (no trophies/awards), only for Classic and Post Classic motorcycles (Twinshock pre 1986), non-stop rules apply.
Sections will cater for Novice, Clubperson and Open Level riders.
Event timetable: Saturday, scrutineering & sign-on 12:30pm to 1:15pm, rider's briefing 1.15pmto 1:30pm, start 1:30pm - up to last rider finishes the last section.
Sunday, scrutineering & sign-on 8:00am to 8:45am, rider's briefing 8:45am to 9:00am, start 9:00am - up to last rider finishes the last section.

Camping: Saturday night self sufficient camping available, although a long drop toilet will be provided. Communal fire on Saturday night.

Directions:
Here are directions for once you get to Brooweena township:
It is a tiny town and the trial is on a cattle property that adjoins the built up area on the Northern side of town. There are usually small signs directing the way to the event from the centre of town. From the Maryborough-Biggenden Rd , turn into Corfield St, drive North past the timber mill, cross the train line, veer left at the museum/heritage building, climb the hill and then go past the school. After about 600m take the right fork (Clifton Creek Right Rd), continue on for about another 600m and turn right into the property at the bottom of the hill.
If you still have problems, just ask someone for Noel's place (where the bike ride is).

Here are directions for the town of Brooweena

Crow flight directions - Brooweena is approx 50km west of Maryborough and 30 km east of Biggenden.

Road directions:
If travelling from North of Gin Gin, turn west off Bruce Highway between Gin Gin and Childers to get to Biggenden, then take the road that goes SE from Biggenden towards Gympie/Woolooga. At about 26km from Biggenden turn east towards Maryborough/Brooweena. Brooweena is approx 9km from the turn.

If travelling from the South of Maryborough, turn west off the Bruce highway towards Biggenden where the Bruce Highway bypasses Maryborough.

regards,
Greg Paton
Club Secretary
Central Queensland Trials Club Inc.

David Lahey
Champion
Champion

Postby David Lahey » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:08 pm

OK we've got all the official info about Brooweena sorted, but what about the important stuff?
What is the theme going to be this year?
Over the years, we've had "world record?" success for most TY Yamahas at a trial, and same for Montesa Cota 348s and Kawasaki KT250s. The seven KT250s in one spot at the same time impressed me the most. There have also been some pretty extreme blingmobiles ridden over the years too. As far a weird goes, one year there was even a twin cylinder Triumph. Even the legendary long-distance traveller from Tasmania (Smack) is planning to put in another appearance. So what's next? What are people bringing and riding? What can we set up that will further extend the fame of our little winter solistice ritual Twinshock and Classic love-in at Brrrrooweena?
Attachments
KTs are Ben Reed x 2, David Lahey, John Flynn, Terry Telfer, Lindsay Haig x 2.JPG

Mark K
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: TY175, OSSA MAR

Postby Mark K » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:24 pm

Sadly, I only have the one little orange beastie in my shed, so naturally that's what I'm bringing. Its not rare, or exotic or even a thing of beauty, but at least it'll be there. And I'll still be able to enjoy seeing whatever other fine machinery (and riders) turns up.

David Lahey
Champion
Champion

Postby David Lahey » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:37 pm

What about the theme being orange beastie TY175s? I'm sure there a few others around

Tim Stone
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: TY175
Club: CQ

Postby Tim Stone » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:04 pm

I've never been To Brooweena this will be another first for me, Sure David I will take an orange beastie does this mean you will be ?????????????????????????????????????

Reinald
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby Reinald » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:44 pm

We will have said "orange beastie" there as well. But @Mark K I reckon they are a thing of beauty and very capable. Their was a swag of them at Lowmead and we had ten twin shock riders. Pretty standard TY 175s got second and third and beat my eurotrash SWM .

Return to “Event news”