Trials events at Wildwood Rock Extreme - 22/23 Nov 2014

News & last-minute updates for trials events. Need directions? Ask in here.

Moderator: Moderators

noobmeister
A grade participant
A grade participant

Trials events at Wildwood Rock Extreme - 22/23 Nov 2014

Postby noobmeister » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:29 am

last competition on the calendar for victorian trials riders! there is already info on the kenny racing extreme trial on saturday 22nd november here: http://www.trials.com.au/events/victoria/234/2014-wildwood-rock-extreme-enduro.

i was chatting with the event organiser and it sounds like a great opportunity for trials riders to try their hand at riding against the clock. the course involves a hill climb and series of man made obstacles. the event is very spectator-friendly too... only 40 mins from the melbourne CBD, heaps of parking and plenty of action to be seen from good vantage points.

trials bikes can also enter the main extreme enduro event on sunday 23rd november. it's a very technically demanding course with dirt bikes rarely getting higher than third gear, so trials bikes do very well. more info on the main event here: http://www.wildwoodrockextreme.com/

here is some footage of a trials rider doing his run in the prolog which establishes the starting position for the main event.

this is Zac Mularczyk who qualified 9th, just under 30 seconds off the world's best Graham Jarvis who was on a dirt bike! overall he finished in 16th position, and in 3rd place in the trials class. =D>

KTM39
C grade participant
C grade participant

Re: Trials events at Wildwood Rock Extreme - 22/23 Nov 2014

Postby KTM39 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:57 am

I've entered the Enduro and Hill Climb/Trials events. Should be a top weekend. The trials bike will be great in the technical stuff, but by the third hour I reckon I'll be wishing for a seat!

noobmeister
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby noobmeister » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:46 am

KTM39 wrote:I've entered the Enduro and Hill Climb/Trials events. Should be a top weekend. The trials bike will be great in the technical stuff, but by the third hour I reckon I'll be wishing for a seat!

how did you go? i'll be posting a vid of both the trials race and the hill climb so hopefully got some footage of you!

below is my lap of the prolog on the KTM 250EXC which determined my starting position for the main event. I could kiss my trials bike... all the training over the past year was invaluable for this, plus adapting the skills to my dirt bike!

i actually went a bit slower than planned but that was fine as i didn't want to be starting with the very fast guys as i knew i'd need to pace myself very carefully being in my 50s while most of the riders were far younger and fitter.

wound up starting 40th out of 73 riders for the main event....

http://youtu.be/_Dn6QcMnEDg

KTM39
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby KTM39 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:23 pm

How did I go? Umm...let's just say I learnt lots!

noobmeister
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby noobmeister » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:03 pm

hehe,likewise. like train for months in advance, not weeks. and get some cooler riding gear!

Return to “Event news”