Moderator: Moderators

Anthony Drake
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: SY250FR TY250a

Happy Birthday To the Guru

Postby Anthony Drake » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:19 pm

Happy Birthday David
I hope you and the family had a Merry Christmas and a happy New year.Whats the go now ?You will have to get into VMX raceing now.You are almost over the hill and will be picking up speed :P .What new toys found there way into the Lahey House hold.Hows the oset holding up?
Hope you had a nice day :wink:
Regards Anthony Drake

Livin the Dream

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Re: Happy Birthday To the Guru

Postby David Lahey » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:40 pm

You don't miss much do you Anthony?
Not much chance of me picking up speed though, despite the age gradient thing.

Yes the idea of VMX racing is very appealing but I know from experience that I'm not cut out for it. When I did a Stephen Gall "Academy of Motocross" course 12 years ago, I won the award for the most "bad" habits on an MX bike (probably from too many years of riding trials). Coming last in every heat of the VMX Aussie titles I rode in 1994 is also a pretty good indicator I reckon. Something to do with the weird way you are supposed to come out of turns on an MX track (sitting down) I seem to remember. We all had a good laugh though, especially my brother-in-law/riding buddy, who was an Aussie VMX title champion at the time.

Sorry to report no new bikes over the break but certainly good progress on the OSSA MAR, the KT250, and the M198 Bultaco Sherpa T. The plan is to have a bit of a rest from Yamahas this year. The KT is now ready for anything and the OSSA should be ready by Easter.

The OSET continues to be a hoot for my youngies. Being a bit of a youngie yourself Anthony, you might even be impressed about how good the OSET is for burnouts, donuts, big skids, spraying dirt around and digging grooves, as well as the usual trials stuff. I think their Yamaha PeeWee is feeling quite neglected.

Thanks for the thoughts
David

relax, nothing is under control

Return to “Waiting in the queue”