Electric Enduro - Copenhagen

Non-specific topics of any nature.

Moderator: Moderators

Tee-Why
Expert participant
Expert participant

Electric Enduro - Copenhagen

Postby Tee-Why » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:11 am

The future is here!!! Check out this recently held ride in Copenhagen, apparently a few of the delegates took time out to see this, a lot more interesting I think.
Cant wait to see the day when Trials goes this way.

[i:spam]"This is the video of a milestone in motorcycling history: the first international enduro race in electric bikes. 39 international riders came to Denmark to the meeting, to enjoy and discover a new way of riding in a way environmentally friendly: no pollution and no engine noise either.
Riders spent three days competing in Fedet and Moen, to finish in Copenhagen. Three unforgettable days for everyone."
[/i:spam]
[youtube:spam]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNzkhTy3Oyc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CNzkhTy3Oyc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube:spam]

I would rather push my twinshock than ride a modern!

yamfan
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: Various
Club: pathfinders/ajs

Re: Electric Enduro - Copenhagen

Postby yamfan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:49 am

I couldn't hear the motors for the music!

Does this mean at lunchtime the carpark is full of generators charging the batteries?

Good find Subi !!

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Re: Electric Enduro - Copenhagen

Postby David Lahey » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:55 pm

The riding of those bikes may be pollution free, but the generation of the electricity required to charge the cells may have been even more polluting overall than if the bikes had been fuelled by petrol, depending on the way the electricity was produced.

The riding sounded pretty normal to me though because my son has been riding his electric trials bike for over two years now - a bit of a whirr and the sound of gravel being thrown - quite nice really - like mountain bike riding, you can talk to riding buddies as you ride.

relax, nothing is under control

Return to “Waiting in the queue”