Non-specific topics of any nature.

Moderator: Moderators

mickd
Junior participant
Junior participant

new boots info please

Postby mickd » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:28 pm

HI ALL
i need a new pair of boots but I've never had a set just for trials so its about time i did,so i told my wife my birthday is coming soon :D

any way some time ago i can remember reading about some of the trials boots coming apart and others not lasting a season but i can't remember the out come of what every one was saying to go for in the end, so on my list is…

the 2012 forma boulder competition and the diadora stone 3 pro

any info would be a big help,

thanks mick

paulm
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: BSA Bantam
Club: Wollongong MCC

Re: new boots info please

Postby paulm » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:52 pm

I bought Diadora Stone 3 last year - great boot - very happy with them. I believe they're both made by the same company.

Paul Mac

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

Postby The Hell Team » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Quick critique of the boots we know:
Diadora and Forma come out of the same factory in Italy. Both very good boots that fit a medium - wide foot. Very well made and popular choices.
Formas Brown or Black only
Diadora's no longer in production but still available in limited numbers. Quite a lot of colour variations. White, Black, Black/red, black/blue, brown/silver, grey/silver......

Also a medium fit that lots of people like are Alpine stars. They vary from the Forma's in that Forma/Diadora have a traditional "welt" sole - leather upper stitched to leather base and rubber sole. The A/Stars are a glued sole. The sole is moulded around the boot edges and glued only to the upper. It makes for a physically smaller boot area but maybe not quite as strong as the traditional welt sole.
Probably our best selling boot. Black or White only.

Other popular brands are Hebo (more of a narrow fit), Gaerne (wider but low boot height - very good for those with big strong lower legs). Both good boots.

Then there is a few cheaper brands like Novagar and Rainer. I would only say the longevity of the Novagars reflects the price. Not sure about the Rainers as I have not sold those and have no experience of their quality.

We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide for very reasonable rates. Ring or email with your location for freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store
whoever@thehellteam.com
http://www.thehellteam.com

cactus jack
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Scorpa SY250R
Club: OMCC

Postby cactus jack » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:18 pm

Just bought a set of Forma Boulders, and they are bloody brilliant. I had researched a fair bit about them and it would seem that they are a hard wearing, long lasting boot so I would most definitely consider them. They were on special recently too, and may still be. I work at a bike shop so it's easy for me to get them. Any bike shop can get them so go to your local and ask for a price. The importers are fantastic to deal with so it would be easy to get a couple of sizes in and send back the ones you don't want. :thumb:

mickd
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby mickd » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:37 am

thanks guys for all the info,i ended up getting a set of Forma Boulders,well 2 pairs :D from a guy on ebay who is in australia,shipped to my door for $209 a pair,very happy with the service and the price,they fit like a glove :D

mick

Return to “Waiting in the queue”