Betamotor SpA have just released details of the new 2007 Bet

Comments and discussions on front page news articles.

Moderator: Moderators

Neo
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: 06 Sherco 250
Club: TCC

Betamotor SpA have just released details of the new 2007 Bet

Postby Neo » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:08 pm

Wow!...2kgs lighter, that sounds fantastic.

But it would be really nice to know this new bike actually weighs now. And how Beta achieved this big weight loss.

Will someone please spill the beans. As I've never seen the weight of any Beta written anywhere.

Go Beta!!.... I love em...but I just can’t gauge em.

Best of Balance.

Neo

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:48 pm

Hi Neo

If you really want the truth about what a bike weighs in comparison to another bike,why not just weigh both yourself?

One day I set up a string of 1970s twinshock trials bikes all the same for comparison purposes ie no fuel but otherwise ready to compete in a trial. Some feel so much heavier to ride than others that I was amazed to find that they were all (except the TY175) within the range 93kg to 95kg.

I did weigh my wife's 2003 Rev 3 200 at the same time and it was something like 75kg.

One day I will remember to take my scales to a trial and weigh a few different modern bikes for a real life comparison.

In the case of the 2007 Rev3, the Beta website tells you how it is lighter than 2006. They have lightened the crankshaft, kickstart and primary drive gears and the brake discs. They didn't say but the frame is also probably lighter.

David

ned kelly
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby ned kelly » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:37 pm

Neo
Hopefully Beta have put some of that weight back into the electrics (stator in particular!) and created somthing that actually works long term!
Been waiting for a fix since the first Rev3, suppose we shouldn't hold too much hope!!!!
Ned.

"Ah well, I suppose it had to come to this".

Neo
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: 06 Sherco 250
Club: TCC

Postby Neo » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:20 pm

Hey David,

Let me know when you plan to take a set of scales to a Comp. I like to be there to give you a hand. And know the results. :lol:

Best of balance.

Neo

Return to “News article discussion”