Colin Zars article

Comments and discussions on front page news articles.

Moderator: Moderators

Fred Nurk
Junior participant
Junior participant

Colin Zars article

Postby Fred Nurk » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:26 pm

Can a retrospective 100 point penalty be applied for shitcanning the observers after the event?

Poor form.

Stu
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: SHerco, TY250
Club: Wollongong

Postby Stu » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:49 pm

Details,details.....!!!!

Feet up, as always!

wendus
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby wendus » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:48 am

not the first time... check out the article written about NSW Champs round 4 at cowra

http://www.trials.com.au/absolut/showarticlenew.php?articleID=843

born into trials and lovin every bit

Rob W
A grade participant
A grade participant
Club: WDTC

Postby Rob W » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:01 am

Oooooh goodie, more contoversy concerning the Zars.

I didn't read it as a bitch at the observers, just a review of what happened to him at that section. Colin is entitled to ask the question (I hope he did it nicely). But in the end Colin seems to have accepted the two rules of trials observing.

Rule 1: the observer is always right.

Rule 2: In a case where the observer is wrong, see Rule 1.

Rob

Ca plane pour moi

David
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Montesa

Postby David » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:41 am

Well he was arguing with the observer...
Pitty they forgot to mention about trying to move that "monitor size rock" and
also they also got away with things like handlebars leaning on rocks. So they weren't really hard done by.

austini
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby austini » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:48 am

Distracting the observers whilst others adjust kickers, or remove rocks, or trample loose ground .......

Waiting until the next rider comes through to acheive the above......

Moving on to the next section until a rock has been ploughed out the way by the three wheelers.......

Most riders can plead guilty to one of the above, some have made it into an art form, how many times have you watched somebody do it then dob them into the observer or ask them not to do it because its not in the spirit of the game...... Never I bet.

The observing during the Nats was in my view to a high standared considering the nature of the sport, some riders may have been given more points than they thourght they had but I notice they never own up when an observer doesn't notice a dab or two.....

Swings and roundabouts gentlemen!!! swings and roundabouts

oztrialrider
Junior participant
Junior participant

it's not personnel, but if you want to make it...

Postby oztrialrider » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:23 am

[quote="wendus"]not the first time... check out the article written about NSW Champs round 4 at cowra

Wendy Bennett,
The article from the Cowra trial was not a personal attach on your observing, but maybe it should have been.

From a spectator point of view, it was horrible to watch the observer attacking a rider, verbally abusing him, and looking for an argument the way it was done to several expert riders at Cowra. Riders at that event has good reason to call the observer before the clerk and steward to justify the scoring being handed out in the second last section. Observers conduct can be charged with conduct prejudicial to the good of the sport in exactly the same way a rider can be charged.

The same observer also attacked riders at the 2004 Australian championship trial at Pacific Park, also held by the same club, and the riders again had the good grace not to drag the observer before the officials.

Having an opinion on observing is not a personnel challenge to an observer, but bagging out riders by name is.

oztrialrider

oztrialrider
Junior participant
Junior participant

observing detail

Postby oztrialrider » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:32 am

David,
Several observers were confused as to how to score when a riders foot touches the ground, brushes against a rock, branch or whatever whilst the rider still has his foot entirely on the peg.

It was clearly explained at the observer briefing that it was not a supported stop, or any fault, if the rider has his foot on the peg.

Several riders in solo had correct cause the ask about scores handed out under this situation, and the clerk of course followed the correct procedure and the cases were covered cleanly and without fuss.

As the score showed, the top placings were single point differences in many grades at the event, and the riders did the right thing in every case, so they deserve credit for following the rules and spirit of the sport.

oztrialrider

wendus
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby wendus » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:58 am

oztrialrider

before you start accusing me of attacking a rider, verbally abusing them and trying to start an argument you should at least have the guts to say who you are.

i did not attack, verbally abuse or start an argument with any rider. i observed riders trying to complete the section and told them the score that they had a achieved. if they then decided to dispute my judgement on what the score was i told them the exact reason they had got that score. if they still disputed my decision i explained what the rules were and again why they had got the score they got. if they still did not like my decision they could have gone and seen the clerk of course or steward to make a report.

if people didnt volunteer to observe most trials would not go ahead, they are the most important people at the trial, not the riders, and any abuse, arguements or questioning reguarding observers decisions makes it less likely that those observers will continue doing the important job that they do. having an opinion on observing is a personal challenge to all observers

wendy bennett

born into trials and lovin every bit

oztrialrider
Junior participant
Junior participant

are you serious?

Postby oztrialrider » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:19 am

having an opinion on observing is a personal challenge to all observers...

Having an opinion on observing is not a personal challange to all observers, are you really as silly as that?

Please chase fred nurk for his names, since you actively support some but not others. Maybe you are Fonzy, another great supporter of our top riders, who have the grace to put up with internet groups commenting on everything they take the time to write regarding events.

Good luck with your crusade to get rid of riders, then you won't have the burdon of volunteering to observe, and you can work on your riding, like so many web nerds could be doing rather than bagging those trying their guts out every week. Beat them fairly by outriding them if you dare.

oztrialrider

Return to “News article discussion”