Postponed Bucca Event

Comments and discussions on front page news articles.

Moderator: Moderators

narellep
C grade participant
C grade participant
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:37 pm
Club: Denman MCC

Postponed Bucca Event

Postby narellep » Tue May 26, 2009 11:46 am

I am sorry to hear that the flooding has caused the event to be postponed. A revised date was mentioned of October long weekend we actually have a twinshock trial meeting on that weekend so will we have to change that event too?

narelle #-o
DMCC



Stu
Expert participant
Expert participant
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:28 pm
Bike: SHerco, TY250
Club: Wollongong
Location: wollongong

Re: Postponed Bucca Event

Postby Stu » Tue May 26, 2009 2:41 pm

Narelle, I hope that the Denman 2 day event can go ahead for the Classic bikes now the Coffs trial is postponed. :D
I'll be there next year to ride.


Feet up, as always!

narellep
C grade participant
C grade participant
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:37 pm
Club: Denman MCC

Re: Postponed Bucca Event

Postby narellep » Tue May 26, 2009 4:17 pm

We have already sent away the application for practice days for the June long weekend I am not sure we can change it now.



David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Posts: 3397
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:01 pm
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc
Location: Gladstone, Queensland

Re: Postponed Bucca Event

Postby David Lahey » Tue May 26, 2009 5:08 pm

narellep wrote:I am sorry to hear that the flooding has caused the event to be postponed. A revised date was mentioned of October long weekend we actually have a twinshock trial meeting on that weekend so will we have to change that event too?

narelle #-o
DMCC


:thumb:
I was wondering about that too, Narelle


relax, nothing is under control

Stu
Expert participant
Expert participant
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:28 pm
Bike: SHerco, TY250
Club: Wollongong
Location: wollongong

Re: Postponed Bucca Event

Postby Stu » Tue May 26, 2009 5:37 pm

no harm in asking, Narelle... under these circumstances it should be re-instated


Feet up, as always!

Bill_Guthrie
Junior participant
Junior participant
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2004 11:20 am
Club: Bankstown Wiley Park
Location: Sydney

Re: Postponed Bucca Event

Postby Bill_Guthrie » Tue May 26, 2009 6:32 pm

I dont think the MNSW trials committee would have an issue with you seeking to change the permit for the June long weekend with MNSW should you wish.

I would suggest that you contact Kerrie at MNSW ASAP if you wish to try.

MNSW have been informed of the need to postpone Round 5, so I would see the only issue being an administration one.



yety61
Junior participant
Junior participant
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:21 pm
Bike: Beta EVO
Club: Hunter MCC

Re: Postponed Bucca Event

Postby yety61 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:00 pm

G'day all,
I'm a newbie to Trials Australia and read with disappiontment the news of the Bucca Trial postponement. This is my first post to this forum and I thought I'd share some thoughts regard this news.
First, I believe that the NSW Trials Committee is thinking of a new date on October long weekend. Why? Is it because it is a long weekend and it will make travel a little easier? I hope the committee realise that not only is it a long weekend, but it is also the start of the school holidays and accomodation in Coffs at that time will be a red hot commodity.
Second, with the amount of trials riding that has been available in NSW this year to date, there has been very little time for anything else for those people chasing titles and trying to stay competitive. As a consequence, there are people who would be looking at the 7 week gap between the Aussie Titles and Rd7 (yes I know that there are club days in that gap) to possibly take a break and have a holiday with the family. Yes, I include myself in that group, so that weekend would make it difficult for me.
Third, I believe the committee is trying very hard not to inconvenience too many people with the change of date, and they will not be making a firm decision on the date change till they can have a meeting to discuss the reschedule. Here is a few ideas for the committee to think about: late July/early August, bump Rd 6 from 05/07 to 19/07 and use 05/07 or use 19/07, bump 02/08 Manly club day to 27/09 and run it on 02/08, yes I know the trial des nations is on 27/09, but club days are about the clubbies , not the experts. 16/08 is also vacant, and at a pinch it could even be run on 27/09 (if I was an expert and had to choose between a state title round or representing the green and gold, I'd be on the plane for the green and gold thanks). Who does the committee try to inconvenience the least, the lower grades or the experts?
I know that the committee has a relatively tough decision to make, but hopefully, if the moon and the stars align properly, and the land owners agree, we can have a great weekend at the bucca trial when it most suits the most people. Maybe we can get some of them Queenslanders to come down and we can have our own state of origin trial. See you all at the bucca trial, hopefully.



narellep
C grade participant
C grade participant
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:37 pm
Club: Denman MCC

Re: Postponed Bucca Event

Postby narellep » Wed May 27, 2009 10:12 am

At this stage I am not sure what is going to happen with the Sandy Hollow 2 day I have emailed kerri at MNSW to see if we can change. As long as it doesn't cause any dramas it probably would be good to change to a competition just incase the revised date of Bucca falls on one of our other competition days as that would then have to be practice day if we still wanted to hold something on that day. Stay posted the saga continues....... :?:




Return to “News article discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest