Logan River Non-Stop Trial

Comments and discussions on front page news articles.

Moderator: Moderators

Scorps
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: 1976 KT250
Club: Maryborough Riders

Logan River Non-Stop Trial

Postby Scorps » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:40 pm

Howdy Y'all,

A big BOO!! to Logan River for running a 70's themed non-stop trial....

on the same weekend as our Brooweena 70's theme non-stop trial!!

We only get one trial a year, leave our date, theme, and rule system alone!!

Cheers,
Your friendly neighbourhood KawiMan,
Scorps

Children are smarter than any of us. Know how I know that? I don't know one child with a full time job and children.
1981 Fantic 240 Professional
1976 Kawasaki KT250 (x2)
1975 Kawasaki KT250
1975 Kawasaki KT250

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Re: Logan River Non-Stop Trial

Postby David Lahey » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:15 pm

:cry:

relax, nothing is under control

phoenix75
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: Montesa 4RT Repsol
Club: Western Districts

Postby phoenix75 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:23 pm

I know where I'll be going for that weekend

VIVA MONTESA

Frank van Heerden

BOGWHEEL
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Bultaco
Club: TCQ

Postby BOGWHEEL » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:49 pm

Qld titles - Classic Dirt

Twinshock Masters - Gatton Swap

Brooweena - Logan

communication!!! ^()^

KT Mark
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: KT 250 A2

Postby KT Mark » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:12 pm

I wish I had to much choice. Cross the desert and have none. (WA). Im keen to talk to the RTRA WA and see if a public type trials park could be put on the table. The RTRA (recreational trail riders association) are trying real hard in WA to be the voice of the trail rider in local govt and get more funding for public works. If you are in WA they need your support. Google RTRA WA and check out the site. Some good info.

cedric van heerden
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby cedric van heerden » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:28 pm

We would certainly have gone down to the LRMTC nonstop trial had it been held on any other weekend but the Brooweena weekend, and I am sure that would apply to the majority of twin shock riders who attend the Brooweena trial.
I will be at Brooweena.
Cedric van Heerden

Wazza
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Suzuki RL250M
Club: Maryborough

Postby Wazza » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:37 pm

A little history people.
The Brooweena event was moved to the 25th/26th of July because of ME. I'm the MQ official for the event and was not going to be available for the original date so hence the reason for the date change. The Brooweena event was never intended to compete with other events of it's type. As I'm sure you will all understand, it's a little hard to conduct an MQ permitted event without a licenced MQ official! I mainly took into consideration the Rocky Trials Club's calender as these guys are the main attendees of the Brooweena event. As always, you can't please everyone all the time!
I would think that the "back to the 70's" aspect of the Logan River event was devised to promote the fact that it is the club's 35th anniversary and representation of machinery from the earlier period of trials is always appropriate in such circumstances.
I would just like to point out that the last thing the discipline of Trials needs is bickering amoungst it's people. Lord knows there's enough of that in other aspects of motorcycling!
Anyway, whether you attend the Logan River, Back To The 70's, 35th anniversary Trial or the 2009 Brooweena Two Day Classic Trials, just remember, our sport wins!

Keep your feet up, stay upright and have fun.

Regards,
Warren Stackman (wazza),
Maryborough,
Qld.

Tee-Why
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Tee-Why » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:30 am

KT Mark wrote:I wish I had to much choice. Cross the desert and have none. (WA). Im keen to talk to the RTRA WA and see if a public type trials park could be put on the table. The RTRA (recreational trail riders association) are trying real hard in WA to be the voice of the trail rider in local govt and get more funding for public works. If you are in WA they need your support. Google RTRA WA and check out the site. Some good info.

Mark, I have been in contact with Steve Pretzel about this and supported RTRA WA since it concept. Somehow I dont think the trials aspect will get much support within current approved riding areas, locations and terrain are subject to vandalism, theft from vehicles in parking areas and general rubbish and trash in riding areas. Support from the trials clubs to say the least will be nil, as they have enough to organise events and maintain their own trials park (AJS). I feel RTRA WA will be only be trail orientated.

I wont hijack this thread, best to both clubs with '70's trial events, spoilt for choice over there in the east!

I would rather push my twinshock than ride a modern!

KT Mark
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: KT 250 A2

Postby KT Mark » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:13 am

Yeah valid points. We all just want more places to ride without upsetting other trail and bush area users. Not bagging anyone I am just trying to fly the flag. I have been checking the weather report for Perth. Showers! Riding weather! Yeah.

Curtis
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Beta
Club: Logan River Motorcycle Trials

Postby Curtis » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:57 pm

Logan River apologies for the clash of dates but the Executive have had this date penciled in since January as a No Stop trial. With the club's 35th Anniversary it was then decided to make it have a 70's theme incorporating the bikes of that era the 1970s. How could we possibly know that the above event would be on the same weekend even if we were aware it was on in the first place.
I will talk with the organisers and see if we can do something about it, that everyone wins. If not then we are sorry but we had no idea this event was on when we organised ours.
As someone above said communication is the way to go, not bickering!

Robyn

Return to “News article discussion”