TL 250

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

UminaJack
Junior participant
Junior participant
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:24 pm
Bike: TL250

TL 250

Postby UminaJack » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:53 pm

After lusting for 40 odd years I found and bought a 1975 TL 250. It was in running order, but missing original parts etc. This was the first one I have ever seen, so what I need to do now is look at one which is in reasonable condition / restored to inspect to see what needs fixing. For example: The forks hit the tank on full lock, but I cannot see what has been modified for this to happen. Please let me know if you can assist. johnt1@emcworks.com.au or 0407251298
Regards
John



User avatar
OlDaz
Junior participant
Junior participant
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:16 am
Bike: Cota 247

Re: TL 250

Postby OlDaz » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:52 pm

Hi John, if you use google, just type in 1975 TL 250 and search, lots of pictures and sites - most pictures will take you to further pages. Hope this helps.


Still remembering when.....

Earl
Junior participant
Junior participant
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:01 pm
Club: Keyneton mcc
Bike: Honda tl250

Re: TL 250

Postby Earl » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Hi....i have a tl also. Ebay is a great source for parts . Alot overseas but some local. I rebuilt mine last year but didnt stay original.....they need lots of help. Easier clutch...better suspension etc. I have a few bits left over. Let me know what you need....ill see if i can help



Earl
Junior participant
Junior participant
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:01 pm
Club: Keyneton mcc
Bike: Honda tl250

Re: TL 250

Postby Earl » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:56 pm

The forks hitting the tank seems to be a tl trait....mine does the same thing. I put rubber behind the forks to lessen the damage



PA
2IC
2IC
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:55 am
Club: AJS Moto Trial Club of SA Inc.
Bike: Beta EVO
Location: South Australia
Contact:

Re: TL 250

Postby PA » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:03 pm

Earl wrote:The forks hitting the tank seems to be a tl trait....mine does the same thing. I put rubber behind the forks to lessen the damage

You might consider covering the bike in rubber. :D



Earl
Junior participant
Junior participant
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:01 pm
Club: Keyneton mcc
Bike: Honda tl250

Re: TL 250

Postby Earl » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:11 pm

PA wrote:
Earl wrote:The forks hitting the tank seems to be a tl trait....mine does the same thing. I put rubber behind the forks to lessen the damage

You might consider covering the bike in rubber. :D

Youve seen me ride.....im guessing pete?



PA
2IC
2IC
Posts: 412
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 9:55 am
Club: AJS Moto Trial Club of SA Inc.
Bike: Beta EVO
Location: South Australia
Contact:

Re: TL 250

Postby PA » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:40 pm

Earl wrote:
PA wrote:
Earl wrote:The forks hitting the tank seems to be a tl trait....mine does the same thing. I put rubber behind the forks to lessen the damage

You might consider covering the bike in rubber. :D

Youve seen me ride.....im guessing pete?

Yeah, better buy a rubber suit. :mrgreen:




Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests