Bultaco Sherpa T 350

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

Grant H
Junior participant
Junior participant

Bultaco Sherpa T 350

Postby Grant H » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:27 pm

I've got a Bultaco Sherpa T 350, that I've spent $2000 or so on, after paying $1800 for it. I'm thinking of selling, but would like to get some of my money back. Should I sell or should I leave it in my garage for a few years to appreciate a little. Does anyone have any thoughts. :roll:

Tee-Why
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Tee-Why » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:25 am

Thats a tough call Grant, after spending that much on her, I'd be wanting to get some moneys worth out of it. Are you riding twinshock or intending to?
If you are doing it to go sideways to get another bike, sell it and enjoy the one you want, because I'd rather see another bike ridden than hidden in someones shed collecting dust if you sell it.
If you sell it for $ needed, that sucks, try and keep it.
Cheers, Roger

I would rather push my twinshock than ride a modern!

restoremaz
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby restoremaz » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:02 am

The name sherpa, does that have anything to do with todays shercos?

im in the same situation mate, ive got an old ty, thats mechanicaly a1,and rides fine, but i want a new scorpa.
I know i could sell the ty to help pay for the new bike, but i just cant let the old one go,as it has character ,its still good, and is a good restoration starting point.

i reackon just keep the old one, and save the bickies for a little while, then get a new one, you will be glad you have a peice of history in your possesion later on.

TY80 a model side cover and air box tube wanted.

My videos www.youtube.com/restoremaz

Rob W
A grade participant
A grade participant
Club: WDTC

Postby Rob W » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:21 am

It is perfectly acceptable to sell a modern bike :( , especially if it is to get funds to buy an old one :D . But you should never [-X sell an old one unless it is to buy another old one. :D :D Besides, it will cost you just as much to keep an old one running as a new one, but the old one appreciates and the new one doesn't! And it is cool :thumb: to have an old one (or two........dozen) parked in the shed.

The trouble with saving for the new one is that you save a bit and then find another old one that you'd like #-o

Rob

Ca plane pour moi

Grant H
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby Grant H » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:23 pm

I can see a pattern developing here. And maybe you’re all right. It is nice to have a classic old bike in the shed. ](*,) But getting a place to ride & time is the problem!

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”