classic twin shocks in sydney

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

restoremaz
B grade participant
B grade participant

classic twin shocks in sydney

Postby restoremaz » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:24 am

is there any classic twin shock events or clubs in sydney?

I have an old bike, thats fine, and wouldnt mind rideing it with some other old bikes for fun or some sort of event till i get a later model bike.
Any body know if this is possible in sydney, or more importantly, who else rides the old girls in sydney for fun or events?

]

TY80 a model side cover and air box tube wanted.

My videos www.youtube.com/restoremaz

Rob W
A grade participant
A grade participant
Club: WDTC

Postby Rob W » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:06 am

You'll be looking for someone from the Denman MCC then. Someone should be along soon with some details. If you can't wait you'll find contact details here http://www.trials.com.au/clubs.php

By the way - nice riding country you've got down that way

Rob

Ca plane pour moi

Sherco H
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby Sherco H » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:54 pm

I think you should look under Trials Info, on this site and get along and join a club. Bankstown-Wiley Park, have permission to run in the Menai area for their club and open events.
Trials has been run in that area for as long as I can remember, and I`ve been riding competition there for 37 years. There will be someone that will introduce you to a world of trials you can`t imagine.
Cheers,
ShercoH

ShercoH
I`m a pupil of experience !!

restoremaz
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby restoremaz » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:30 pm

yeah im not joining the bw club till ive got a late model bike.Ive been to one of their events, all great guys, but i feel the ty is to heavy for me to get serious on.Its great for fun, and puting around on on the trails, but i would feel a bit strange turning up to an event on such an old bike, in a pack of 20 very late model bikes.
Rideing or being in a club with a whole bunch of old bikes i think would be ok though.

TY80 a model side cover and air box tube wanted.

My videos www.youtube.com/restoremaz

RandallG
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby RandallG » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:11 am

How old does a trials bike have to be before it is classed as a classic?
I have a Honda TLM200....monoshock...not quite a classic yet?

Randall.

Tee-Why
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Tee-Why » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:29 am

RandallG wrote:How old does a trials bike have to be before it is classed as a classic?
I have a Honda TLM200....monoshock...not quite a classic yet?

Randall.

That was discussed on a UK forum about air-cooled monoshock bikes, I think the short answer is to hang onto it long enough and it will eventually be a classic.

I would rather push my twinshock than ride a modern!

llewdaert
B grade participant
B grade participant

Twin shock trials for Sydneysiders

Postby llewdaert » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:03 pm

:shock: The Denman club is the only [to my knowledge] dedicated twinshock club un Australia. It may seem a touch anal, but we only allow twinshock bikes into our competition. :twisted: The upshot of this perversion is that we set and compete on sections appropriate to our vintage.
We encourage riders with at skill levels to come and have a try. Sections are graded from junior through clubman to c grade, and upward to the dizzy height of expert, If you can ride a bike you can do clubman. :wink:
We are a friendly club and dont play for sheepstations. We try to help people with spares and repairs[have you got any old bikes for sale!!! :mrgreen: ]
We usually have between 20 and 30 bikes at a typical meeting. We run 10 trials per year, and they are held on Denman local properties, in all we have 7 or 8 different venues, so each trial is on a different piece of dirt/rock/gully /mountainside.
We have one two day event each year, and it is usually a ripper.
Club fees are minimal as are entry fees
Denman is located in the Hunter Valley and is quite accessable from Western Sydney via the Putty Road [circa 2 hours drive] . The majority of riders are from Newcastle which is also a 2 hour drive.
Contact Tony Paine or Scott Treadwell for more info.
Tony - tpaine249@yahoo.com.au
Scott - treadwell@idx.com.au or 0249684646
Cheers
:D

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”