Twinshock Competition Information

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

llewdaert
B grade participant
B grade participant

Twinshock Competition Information

Postby llewdaert » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:07 pm

The Denman club is the only [to my knowledge] dedicated twinshock club in Australia. It may seem a touch anal, but we only allow twinshock bikes into our competition. The upshot of this perversion is that we set and compete on sections appropriate to our vintage.
We encourage riders with at skill levels to come and have a try. Sections are graded from junior through clubman to c grade, and upward to the dizzy height of expert, If you can ride a bike you can do clubman.
We are a friendly club and dont play for sheepstations. We try to help people with spares and repairs[have you got any old bikes for sale!!!
We usually have between 20 and 30 bikes at a typical meeting. We run 10 trials per year, and they are held on Denman local properties, in all we have 7 or 8 different venues, so each trial is on a different piece of dirt/rock/gully /mountainside.
We have one two day event each year, and it is usually a ripper.
Club fees are minimal as are entry fees
Denman is located in the Hunter Valley and is quite accessable from Western Sydney via the Putty Road [circa 2 hours drive] . The majority of riders are from Newcastle which is also a 2 hour drive.
Contact Tony Paine or Scott Treadwell for more info.
Tony - tpaine249@yahoo.com.au
Scott - treadwell@idx.com.au or 0249684646
Cheers :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

Rob W
A grade participant
A grade participant
Club: WDTC

Postby Rob W » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:33 am

Hi Scott,

At the Qld twinshock masters competition a bunch of we Queenslanders decided to make a trip to ride one of the Denman club trials. So far we have about half a dozen interested. When you get your calender sorted can you post a copy so we can see how a road trip would fit in with our calender.

Cheers

Rob

Ca plane pour moi

llewdaert
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby llewdaert » Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:48 pm

:D No problems Rob, I will be in touch when we have a calender organised. If required, we are able to help organise accomodation.

Over the June long weekend we do a 2 day trial at Sandy Hollow that I can recommend. Caravan park needs bookings early for this event

We have landowners permission to camp at some of our other venues, if this is more suitable??

I will stay in touch
Cheers
Scott

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”