The coming '07 season for Twinshock and Classic trials bikes is set for a refresh within our Pathfinder and AJS club calendars in WA. I have support from both club committees to promote and co-ordinate this and has been received with interest and enthusiasm when presented to their respective AGM’s recently, and from members via conversation.
I aim to promote this class of riding back to our events:
- Mainly for fun and enjoy a social days ride, and not as competitive as modern courses.
- Bring back members and their bikes that have dropped out.
- Get more old trials bikes hidden sheds and ridden again.
- An alternative series to the main one, offset to allow all members to participate.
- Attract new members with this interest from vintage motorcycle clubs not trials based.
The Twinshock and Classic classes is seeing healthy interest and support in the eastern states and just looking to the internet to see where the UK and USA is going, it has also.
I will feedback progress as the calendar is finalised and to correspondence that comes back here and in our club newsletters and websites.
At the moment the rides between the 2 clubs that support Twinshock and Classic are:
- Wood ‘N’ Iron Series x3 (Pathfinders)
- Dead Easy Trial (AJS)
- Blackwood 2Day – Kirup (Pathfinders/ AJS)
- Bullsbrook Scottish (2Day?) (Pathfinders/ AJS)
- Possibly 2x other trials set by non-trials clubs
Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Are the twinshock and classic trials held within normal events or are they run separately? Used to ride long long ago and would like to get back into trials. Which club would you suggest and where and when would be best to come along and have a look? Thanks LA
lainwa wrote:Are the twinshock and classic trials held within normal events or are they run separately? Used to ride long long ago and would like to get back into trials. Which club would you suggest and where and when would be best to come along and have a look? Thanks LA
LA, see the February Update I posted in this section, this should answer you questions.
If you want, drop me a PM (message) on this board or to my email (look for in other post), and I will send you the club calendars etc.
I would rather push my twinshock than ride a modern!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests