Australian Titles Classic rules

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

TriCub
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Triumph
Club: Wester districs trials club

Australian Titles Classic rules

Postby TriCub » Fri May 28, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi.
I'm new to this forum.
Can someone from MA tell me why the Queenslands committee that is organising the Australiian Titles has gone completely against the MOM's with regards the Classic bikes and added their own rules regarding Carbies , forks and hubs.
How can this happen?
I thought that our sport was based on a rule book and not on whim of a few people that think they change the rules to suit themselves.

sherpa
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: gasgas/sherpa
Club: pacific park

Re: Australian Titles Classic rules

Postby sherpa » Sat May 29, 2010 11:36 am

I can only see this opening up a can of worms that will be difficult to police. At last years Aussie titles some bikes in the pre 65 class were using the following debatable components
1 Side pull throttles
2 Alloy handlebars [ some even had FAT BARS]
3 Akront spanish rims [ valenced and non valenced]
4 Gas rear shocks
5 Tubeless rear wheels/tyres
None of these components were available in 1965 and I personally have no problem with them but If you are going to enforce these rules to the letter of the law then you are going to further reduce the numbers in this class. By the way Bultacos were made before 1965 and the Sherpa N [first produced in 1960] was ridden in Trials in europe well before the cutoff date.

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”