How many M-10's

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

Hamish McNair
Junior participant
Junior participant

How many M-10's

Postby Hamish McNair » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:18 pm

Hi All,

Does anyone know how many Butly M-10's were produced?

Mine engine number is M10-01135. I wouldnt imagine there were 1135 of these produced back in 64-65.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hamish

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:40 pm

According to the book Historia de la Sherpa T by Boet and Stauffacher, 1275 M10 Sherpa T were produced. They were extremely popular at the time and the model run went for nearly two and a half years.

The next model Sherpa T (M27) saw 700 produced

The next after that (M49) saw 4706 produced

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:50 pm

Hamish it may be possible for you to compete in pre-65 (Classic Trials) provided your M10 hasn't been modified too much. If you're interested in competition, have a read of the MA MOMs about eligibility for pre-65 Classic Trials. There was previously a reference in the MOMs excluding Bultacos from Classic Trials competition but I've noticed that that reference is no longer there so your M10 (which was first released in late 1964) may be OK.

Hamish McNair
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby Hamish McNair » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:57 am

Thanks David,

Years ago when I was competing on a Beta, and wanted to drag the Bulty out to compete I was told as per your reply that it was ineligable for Classic's.

I will check out the revised manual.

I pulled the Sherpa T out of the shed last weekend after 2 years, checked everything, new fuel, started in about 5 kicks. Rode it around the property for about an hour. Suprising how stable and comfortable it feels for an old bike.

Thanks for your help.

Hamish

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”