Bags are packed

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

smack
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: TL125

Bags are packed

Postby smack » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:23 pm

Broweena here I come. Flying up on Wednesday. Cyas all Saterdeee

seiko
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: montesa repsol 4RT
Club: RTC

Postby seiko » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:24 am

We'll cya up here then Smack! :-)

Starky
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: TY175, TY250

Postby Starky » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:37 am

Hi smack and everyone else

We were out marking the sections last Sunday in Brooweena. Also have all the fire wood in place for the bon fire on the Saturday night. The area has had enough rain to settle everything down and it is looking nice and green.

This will be my first competion trial and I will be riding a borrowed bike. Could be interesting. I think we are mowing the camp area this weekend and we will do a little practice further down the gully from the sections. I would like to get to know my borrowed ride before the day. :lol:

Starky :beta

Starky
When competing in a trial, I don't suffer from nerves, I get way too excited for that stuff!!!!

Starky
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: TY175, TY250

A Win to Tassie

Postby Starky » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:20 pm

No wonder smack travelled all the way from Tassie for the Broweena Trials weekend.

The lad pulled off first place in the novice section. :lol:

Well done and good to talk with you. :D You will alos notice on another post that David Lahey took out the open class.

Hope you can make it back next year when i have some better riding skills.

Brilliant weekend, even I managed ten clear sections out twenty eight. I'm HAPPY.

Steve Hall should get a prize for the best off of the day for Sunday with a beautifull front wheel flip save on the very last section. Frightened the hell out of the spectators but he didn't drop it.

Starky :beta

Starky
When competing in a trial, I don't suffer from nerves, I get way too excited for that stuff!!!!

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:34 pm

Thanks again to Jeff Eckert, Steve Hall, Donna Hall and everyone else who helped make the event at Brooweena another great weekend of very social trials riding.

It was great to see all those Twinshock and Classic trials bikes being enjoyed by the trials riders and the abundant spectators, many of whom rode there en masse on fantastic looking Classic road bikes on the second day. The road bike bike parking area was quite a spectacle.
Some of the trials bikes were in quite spectacular condition too. We even broke last years record for the number of Montesa Cota 348s with five there this year (thanks Martin Spam store). I didn't even try to count the Yamahas this year.

Riders came from the Maryborough area, Wondai, Bundaberg, Childers, Tasmania, Gladstone, Gympie and Brisbane.

The section riding part of the weekend is quite unique:
A single observer scores each rider while all the other riders spectate until everyone has ridden the one section in both directions. Then everyone moves on to the next section. This makes it perfect for spectators and very social for the riders who can cheer each other on and discuss techniques on each section.

The riding is all "No Stop". Years ago we all would have done this easily but nowadays it is a constant mental challenge to keep moving when you really want to stop a bit to regain balance or change gears.

There is no seperate class for pre-65 bikes. That didn't stop Peter Sampson scoring better than most of the 1970s bikes in Open Class on his pre-65 machine.

Photos to follow.

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”