Show us a picture of your Twinshock

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

sharvie
Expert participant
Expert participant

Show us a picture of your Twinshock

Postby sharvie » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:44 am

It took me a while to take a picture of my TLR. Here it is

Regards

Steve
Attachments
Honda TLR 250 reduced.jpg
1985 Honda TLR 250

Sharvie ~ Maitland NSW

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Re: New page Show us a picture of your Twinshock

Postby David Lahey » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:33 pm

For Tim and others to whom I promised updates of my M198 resto. Both wheels and the forks are now done. Yes it's taking a while.
Attachments
Oct 2008 002.jpg
Oct 2008 003.jpg
Oct 2008 001.jpg

relax, nothing is under control

lukesta888
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby lukesta888 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:20 pm

Is that your collection of bikes in the backgorund David ?

Are you sure they are not breeding ?

David Lahey
Champion
Champion

Postby David Lahey » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:42 pm

Luke yes I'm pretty sure they were breeding for a while. You will notice that they are now parked side by side. I haven't had a problem since I started parking them that way.

tat ty
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby tat ty » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:13 pm

Hey David

The proliferation of bikes in your shed looks amazingly like my own.

In fact I'm mid way through setting up a rack / gantry system to free up floor space.

I suspect it may curtail their breeding habits, but truthfully, I'll be a bit disappointed if that proves to be.

I wonder how many others out there have a similar problem with motorcycles unexplainably breeding???????????

At least with so many colours it does help to confuse the leader of the opposition!

Alastair

David Lahey
Champion
Champion

Postby David Lahey » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:07 pm

tat ty wrote:In fact I'm mid way through setting up a rack / gantry system to free up floor space.

Yes Alastair. A rack system is a great idea. A little bit to the right of that photo is where the non-ridable bike storage area starts and above them everything light enough for me to lift into position hangs from a steel rail mounted just under the roof. A bike frame with suspension still fitted is about as much as I can lift above my head. The heavy parts are kept in steel framed shelving built along other walls.
I've also found that while a bike in pieces is harder for the leader of the opposition to recognise, an assembled bike is easily the most space efficient way to store it.
David

Andy
B grade participant
B grade participant

The TY Tiddler

Postby Andy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:37 pm

G'day all, here are the fruits of the last four months work. What started as a rolling basket case has turned into quite a nice rebuild of a TY80A.
Frame is totally standard, swingarm had new bushes and an aftermarket tensioner added. Betor shocks. Aftermarket seat cushion on the existing base. Aftermarket wide pegs. Engine totally stock, fully rebuilt and requiring a new crank due to corrosion around the main bearing seals. The engine had been standing outside without a filler plug and was full of water. New gear selector shaft due to someone welding a lever over the splines. New bearings, seals, kickstart shaft. The carb is made up from the best bits of three. Tank is stock, cleaned and repainted. I decided to go with the later euro white/red colour scheme which I think looks great.
Forks are in good condition and work really well. Numerous components were needed throughout including original guards sourced from the UK. The suppliers were:

JK Hirst (UK)
CMSNL (Holland)
France Trial Classic (France)
Maitland Motorcycles NSW

The front wheel rim has been rechromed and I managed to source a NOS hub from the states for $50.00 the two will be joined later this week.

Most difficult part was finding an airbox. I eventually sourced one on ebay from the US.
TY80_175 reduced.jpg

The 175 was last years project. I still need a trials silencer if anyone can help.

Regards

Andy

motocentral
Dealer
Dealer

Postby motocentral » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 am

My first ever twinshock was an Ossa MAR 250 & after a recent visit to the OSSA Museum in Spain I got a twinge of nostalgia after seeing a row of them all lined up. Not sure if I had the '72 or '74 as all i remember was that it had a green stripe on a white tank. The museum was pretty impressive, 3 floors with the top 2 being dedicated to Ossa motorcycles & the bottom floor being full of OSSA cinema projectors (which is where the logo originated from).
I have attached pics of the 2 models which i suspect 1 was my first trials bike.
I have more pics from the museum if anyone's interested.
Don Murray
p.s. Thanks to my Sherco agent from Tassie (Nigel Munday) who is an OSSA enthusiast for suggesting we go there. He was trying to fit the very rare 303 model (less than 100 made) up his jacket.
Attachments
MAR250_74.JPG
MAR250_72.JPG

Play with Gravity

David Lahey
Champion
Champion

Postby David Lahey » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:08 am

They are wonderful looking OSSAs Don. Please post up your other photos, especially the unusual/rare trials models we didn't get here.
Thanks
David

motostar99
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: 2002 Sherco 290
Club: LRMTC, NDMC, SQTA

Postby motostar99 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:00 pm

the only photo i have of my old TL125. This was in around 2000 when I first started riding, great bike to learn on, drowned it plenty of times and never had a drama!
Attachments
Nic-Trials5-small.JPG

Rockin with the Gas Gas crew...

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”