CT185 trials bike photo - for Gordon

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

CT185 trials bike photo - for Gordon

Postby David Lahey » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Especially for Gordon
Heres a CT185 that was very well ridden last Sunday at Conondale at the Twinshock Masters. The steering angle (left/right) is standard CT185.
From memory the rider placed third in a very large Twinshock - Clubperson field.
The front wheel is off some other Honda (1980s XR maybe? - I can't remember) to get a 21" wheel.
David
Attachments
PB090001.JPG

relax, nothing is under control

gordonmichaellee
B grade participant
B grade participant

Re: CT185 trials bike photo - for Gordon

Postby gordonmichaellee » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:59 am

WOW they realy are one of the most beautiful bikes ever made aren't they, just look at those long flowing lines and sleak curves. Its a good job no one else knows this fact otherwise we might have to start paying more than $200 dollars for a complete running bike!!!

On a serious note though, thanks very much for the photos, I have been thinking of doing a seat chop down on mine. good to see what others are doing to theirs.

Tee-Why
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Tee-Why » Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:44 am

I reckon this bike is a real cracker! Simplicity and reliability, top alternative. Less wheelbase than a TL. Less expensive than a TLR.
I noted the rear set pegs too on this bike.
Is the gear box ratios ok?

Now as usual, I did a bit of googling on these bikes. Seems that the CT200 came out later on and 84 onwards has CDI. But looking forward before the mono version appears, there is pull start and electric start and auto clutch models, so a few differences to watch out for it seems.

I would rather push my twinshock than ride a modern!

gordonmichaellee
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby gordonmichaellee » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:24 pm

Ive also got a ct200 in bits for spares. it does have pull and electric start. but my ct185 has cdi. there is actualy alot of differences in the 200/185. wheel, forks, axle, brakes, electric etc. but with a bit of tape and a hammer you get most of the bits to be interchangable.

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”