Greetings

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

Warren
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: TY 175 & TL 250

Greetings

Postby Warren » Wed May 20, 2009 6:38 am

Hi All
My name is Warren & I am new to the site. I have just recently got back in to Trtials after a long break (20 odd years). I recently picked up a very very rough TY175 that probably should have gone to the bone yard but I intend to restore. I have also purchased a 1975/76 TL250 again with the intent to restore. When I start the restoration journey your help will great much appreciated.

Cheers Warren

Starky
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: TY175, TY250

Re: Greetings

Postby Starky » Wed May 20, 2009 7:36 am

Hi Warren

The TY175 should be easy to restore, even I have managed to do two and now on my third. Parts are readily available.

The TL will be a little more difficult depending on its condition but here in Maryborough there is one in immaculate original condition.

Best of luck with the restoration. There is a fellow called David Lahey on here who is considered the walking encyclopedia on TY's. I have not seen him without an answer yet and he lives just up the road from me (2.5hours) so he has been very helpful.

There is a manual for the TY175 that you can download just click on the Trialsport logo on the front page of this website.

Starky
When competing in a trial, I don't suffer from nerves, I get way too excited for that stuff!!!!

trialsmutha
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: all bikes

Postby trialsmutha » Wed May 20, 2009 3:39 pm

welcome!

"A gentleman can never have too many motorcycles"

Warren
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby Warren » Wed May 20, 2009 6:46 pm

Hey Thanks guys for the welcome.

smack
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: TL125

Postby smack » Thu May 28, 2009 7:31 pm

I have a TL250 with near complete sidecovers. A friend is going to remake then in 'glass if you are interested.

Warren
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby Warren » Fri May 29, 2009 10:23 pm

smack wrote:I have a TL250 with near complete sidecovers. A friend is going to remake then in 'glass if you are interested.

Thanks for this. My main push when I start will be a muffler & spark arrester as the muffler that is on it had the pipe & spark arrester torn off then thrown away.
The bike is a 1 owner & the person who used to own it I have known for almost 30 years. At this stage I have only got it a few weeks ago (along with the TY) and I have not even looked at it. Initial observation is that it needs the said muffler/spark arrester, side covers (if he can't find them), Trials tyres & Most importantly it needs the forks re-chromed (for that matter so does the TY). I also may need guards which from what I have been told are very hard to get.

Cheers
Warren

smack
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: TL125

Postby smack » Sat May 30, 2009 12:48 pm

Someone is doing replica guards, I've stumbled across them in the last month. I'll find the shop and post the url. Think it was US.

Warren
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby Warren » Sat May 30, 2009 2:45 pm

smack wrote:Someone is doing replica guards, I've stumbled across them in the last month. I'll find the shop and post the url. Think it was US.

That would be much appreciated.

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”