Basket Cases

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

pop
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: klx

Re: Basket Cases

Postby pop » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:37 am

looks almost cute. Atlast someone moved the gearlever to decent place, 50 years ago somebody moved it out of they way and it stuck for some reason so I guess trials riders can get used to anything?????? #-o People do backflips and other tricks on bikes and never knock the gear lever accidently, Its amazing that new trial bike makers still carrying on with that nonsense.

pop
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: klx

Postby pop » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:51 pm

I meant somebody moved the footpegs back and left the gear lever back in the forest :oops:

FM350
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Fantic
Club: Otter Vale

Postby FM350 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:36 pm

A good reason for having gear lever in a position which is difficult to reach with your foot on the rest, is its very easy to knock the lever with your foot, with the bike often ending up in neutral.

Greg Harding
Golden Basket of Smiles
Golden Basket of Smiles
Bike: NUMEROUS
Club: LRMTC & SQTA

Postby Greg Harding » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:11 am

Hi Everyone,

David, that sidecover is in better condition than mine and I agree will match up fine, pretty sure that they won't get painted before Conondale! Posting is the best way as I think the Twinshock Masters will be our next trial in QLD, thankyou again.

Have been working on the exhaust, heated in a fire and ready to beadblast.
IMGP6100.JPG

Yamaico, loved your post and your unique bike. You talk about CD9, can you bring it and compete on it at the trial in November? Will fit in really well with the GREEN JAPANESE theme.

Chris, a Fantam sounds like a great name, a friend once had a Woftam (Waste Of F------ Time And Money).

Pop, what bike or bikes do you ride and where do you compete?

2017 Newsflash: RUST IS THE NEW BLING !
Team Hardwood, the only licenced trials riders in Coffs Harbour!
Miles of Smiles
Greg Harding

yamaico
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby yamaico » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:04 am

Greg Harding wrote:Yamaico, loved your post and your unique bike. You talk about CD9, can you bring it and compete on it at the trial in November? Will fit in really well with the GREEN JAPANESE theme.

Thanks Greg. Where and when is the trial in November?

Jon V8
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Ty250,Ht5.
Club: Bath Classic

Postby Jon V8 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:56 pm

Greg Harding wrote:Hi Everyone,

David, that sidecover is in better condition than mine and I agree will match up fine, pretty sure that they won't get painted before Conondale! Posting is the best way as I think the Twinshock Masters will be our next trial in QLD, thankyou again.

IMGP6100.JPG

Yamaico, loved your post and your unique bike. You talk about CD9, can you bring it and compete on it at the trial in November? Will fit in really well with the GREEN JAPANESE theme.

Chris, a Fantam sounds like a great name, a friend once had a Woftam (Waste Of F------ Time And Money).

:mrgreen: A mate of mine who is more senior in years often blames his poor results on a rare condition he has.... People immediately feel sorry for him and ask how bad the condition is and what its symptoms are.He then tells them its called Loft - Lack of ------- Talent.
Seen him do it plenty of times,always great to watch.

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:33 pm

Jon V8 wrote:
Greg Harding wrote:Hi Everyone,

IMGP6100.JPG

:mrgreen: A mate of mine who is more senior in years often blames his poor results on a rare condition he has.... People immediately feel sorry for him and ask how bad the condition is and what its symptoms are.He then tells them its called Loft - Lack of ------- Talent.
Seen him do it plenty of times,always great to watch.

Thanks Greg and Jon, you got me remembering some others

A friend at work was always called Soc by his son who also worked in the same place. Soc's real name was Peter and one day my curiosity got the better of me so I asked why do you call him Soc? "It's because he's a Silly Old C..."

Another bloke at work reckoned he suffered from Craft's disease (Can't Remember A F.....g Thing)

Another bloke who was notorious for breaking things that he was working on was nicknamed Errol because everything he touched, he f....d (I think that one might be lost on non-aussies)

Q: What is the most popular radio station in the world?
A: WII FM (What's In It For Me)

relax, nothing is under control

Mark K
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: TY175, OSSA MAR
Club: WDTC

Postby Mark K » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:32 pm

yamaico wrote:Thanks Greg. Where and when is the trial in November?
Yamaico,
If you've been to Classic Dirt you'd be familiar with Green Park at Conondale. That will be the location for Western Districts Trials Club's Twinshock Masters Interclub Trial on Sunday 4th November. Sup Regs and details haven't been released yet, but are currently being worked on.
Jon V8 wrote: .............. rare condition ............ He then tells them its called Loft - Lack of ------- Talent. ........
Jon, its not that rare at all. I've had LOFT for years.

and David, Years ago I worked with a guy who everyone called Morphine. It seems he was a slow working dope.

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

Postby The Hell Team » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:00 pm

He was a mate of Harvey Norman - 2 years, No Interest!

We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide for very reasonable rates. Ring or email with your location for freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store
whoever@thehellteam.com
http://www.thehellteam.com

smiffy60
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Sherco 250 2010
Club: WDTC free lancing

Postby smiffy60 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi Paul

I think he must be related to my missus she had 3 years interest free !!
No no interest at all just as well I like to ride my bike instead !!!

Sorry about the hijack but couldn't let it go !

And Mark K you would be looking forward to me riding with you next time so I can make you look good I usually do !! but it works for me

Really this thread just about describes me as I have had a few parts fail and had them removed
I'll tell you the story when I get to my next trial in a couple of months !!

Cheers
Ray

Smiffy60

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”