Basket Cases

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

sybella
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: Honda

Re: Basket Cases

Postby sybella » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:35 pm

Hey Dave , pretty sure word on the street is you do have a period pre 65 Bultaco in your shed .Looking forward to watching you ride that bike in a trial, sometime soon

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:56 pm

sybella wrote:Hey Dave , pretty sure word on the street is you do have a period pre 65 Bultaco in your shed .Looking forward to watching you ride that bike in a trial, sometime soon

I wish, but it is many man-hours of shed time away from being a reality.
I'm entered on a Yamaha in Gentleman's Twinshock

relax, nothing is under control

David Lahey
Champion
Champion

Twinshock trials bike set-up experts please help

Postby David Lahey » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:07 pm

I'm preparing a Twinshock bike for the Qld titles next weekend and am thinking about fitting a heavy-duty kickstart to maybe help with some slippery sections that Justin Gough has warned us about.
The heavy-duty one being super strong so there is also less risk of a breakage under extreme conditions.
Should I use the standard TY250 (flimsy featherweight 690 grams) or the MX250A (mega strong 834 grams)?
Attachments
IMAG4645.jpg
IMAG4645.jpg (2.89 MiB) Viewed 6686 times

Bully fanatic
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Bultaco sherpa T
Club: westerndistricttrialsclub

Postby Bully fanatic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:20 pm

Well David I think if you replace both of those kickstarts with a :Bultaco: one and then replace the rest of the bike with all :Bultaco: bits then you will be okay! I know there will be at least two :Bultaco:s being ridden next weekend. They might both be mine but I`m only riding one though. See you there!

David Lahey
Champion
Champion

another magic mushroom jobby especially for Suzuki fans

Postby David Lahey » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:23 pm

Just cos it's usually really bright and hot up here doesn't mean we can't grow mushrooms as cool as those ones that Greg Harding grows way down south of the border.
I recently found this little :suzuki beauty in a paddock nearby and it must have been grazing on some of those special mushrooms because it can perform a similar magic trick to Greg's KT250, but instead of hovering effortlessly just above the ground, this amazing bike can remain upright, stationary on hard ground even with the stand retracted.
For this photo I have not used Photoshop or tricks of the light or even thin steel wires - it is just PURE magic :suzuki
Attachments
IMAG4643.jpg
IMAG4643.jpg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 6684 times

Bully fanatic
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Bultaco sherpa T
Club: westerndistricttrialsclub

Postby Bully fanatic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:48 pm

It looks like the front square tyre might be causing that phenonemon David. Especially if the rear tyre has the same profile. :roll:

David Lahey
Champion
Champion

Postby David Lahey » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:22 pm

Bully fanatic wrote:It looks like the front square tyre might be causing that phenonemon David. Especially if the rear tyre has the same profile. :roll:

WHAT! surely not! :shock: The leprechaun who gave me that bike swore it was the mushrooms and because he gave me three wishes I'm going to stick with his story 8)

Greg Harding
Golden Basket of Smiles
Golden Basket of Smiles
Bike: NUMEROUS
Club: LRMTC & SQTA

Postby Greg Harding » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:05 am

Hi Everyone,
David Lahey wrote:
In researching Greg's cryptic clue of the silver platter of northern NSW mushrooms, I was surprised to find that Greg's very pretty red-with-white spots mushrooms appeared at the top in a google image search for "magic mushrooms". I'm pretty sure that when I was a kid, "magic" mushrooms didn't look like that, and were called "gold tops"

David Lahey wrote:Just cos it's usually really bright and hot up here doesn't mean we can't grow mushrooms as cool as those ones that Greg Harding grows way down south of the border.
I recently found this little :suzuki beauty in a paddock nearby and it must have been grazing on some of those special mushrooms because it can perform a similar magic trick to Greg's KT250, but instead of hovering effortlessly just above the ground, this amazing bike can remain upright, stationary on hard ground even with the stand retracted.
For this photo I have not used Photoshop or tricks of the light or even thin steel wires - it is just PURE magic :suzuki

Mmmmmmmmmm :suzuki but I suppose in the Trials world, the RV is a bit of a
1502577965679.jpg
1502577965679.jpg (80.56 KiB) Viewed 6596 times

David Lahey wrote:
Bully fanatic wrote:It looks like the front square tyre might be causing that phenonemon David. Especially if the rear tyre has the same profile. :roll:

WHAT! surely not! :shock: The leprechaun who gave me that bike swore it was the mushrooms and because he gave me three wishes I'm going to stick with his story 8)

David, you have me worried and amused at the same time. I thought leprechauns had a pot of gold and Genies granted 3 Wishes?

Is it possible that it was a pot of "gold tops" and then it all went Weird?

You
may
have
inadvertently
found
a
girlfriend
for
Kermit?

1502578021675.jpg
1502578021675.jpg (45.27 KiB) Viewed 6596 times

2017 Newsflash: RUST IS THE NEW BLING !
Team Hardwood, the only licenced trials riders in Coffs Harbour!
Miles of Smiles
Greg Harding

David Lahey
Champion
Champion

cardboard box cases doesn't have the same ring to it

Postby David Lahey » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:53 am

How to make a silk purse from a sow's ear

and I reckon it won't be long until Kermit and Miss Piggy are "united"

Mark K
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: TY175, OSSA MAR
Club: WDTC

Re: cardboard box cases doesn't have the same ring to it

Postby Mark K » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:31 pm

David Lahey wrote:How to make a silk purse from a sow's ear

and I reckon it won't be long until Kermit and Miss Piggy are "united"
"United" or Untied?
It is just a spelling mistake difference.

And while I'm at it - I couldn't help noticing that the magical self balancing wireless bike also has another special feature. It appears to have a most effective muffler for making absolute quietness from the mysterious ultra-thin air motor.

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”