Classic & Post Classic Eligibilty

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

gristy
Junior participant
Junior participant

Classic & Post Classic Eligibilty

Postby gristy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:53 am

G/Day brothers & sisters of old cycles.Im here to fortell of our demise.Due to people who cannot read the MOMS (thats the book MA send you with your licence)or use a computer with all that information you can workout whats in or out in dating of bike & parts.A entry in classics was questioned on eligibility.If people checked references as above bike wouldnt have caused a steward to pull his hair out(he hasnt got much as it is)bike is in.But due to this questioning new rules will becoming in.Lets hope we dont go down classic & postclassic road & vmx has.We only have one main event a year to show off our old pride & joys.In classics case do we want to go down the English way & only have English bikes in pre65.If thats the case say goodbye to Japenese hubs,carbys & poor Mr S90.I will be talking to fellow classic riders at Aussie titles.To see if we can draught up descent regs that are easy to understand & check at scrutineering without having the filing cabnet with all the information of bike & week long scrut.One rule change were hearing bike must be pre65 by frame & engine no even if same after 64.So thats some cubs & batams gone even though they the same .
Regards Gristy (TEAM POMMY SHIT)

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Re: Classic & Post Classic Eligibilty

Postby David Lahey » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:50 pm

gristy wrote:In classics case do we want to go down the English way & only have English bikes in pre65.If thats the case say goodbye to Japenese hubs,carbys & poor Mr S90

And don't forget the JAWAs Gristy
No way to pommy-only bikes - I want to be able to ride the pre-65 Spanish bike I'm working on.

relax, nothing is under control

Twinshock
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby Twinshock » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:07 am

Guys, I agree that you cannot limit Classic to Pommie stuff only and I would add some comments that I submitted to another topic a few days ago;

"I've just come back from a holiday in the UK and I managed to attend a pre 65 classics and twinshock event in the Midlands. They had about 45 riders on a multitude of bikes from big heavy weights to Ty's.
The specifications of the majority of these bikes led me to believe they shouldn't be eligible for a pre 65 or a twinshock event over here, major frame mods, obvious engine differences and strange smelling fuel !!!!
The main thing that hit me was the different classes within the event being catered for, there were 10 different ones from; "Beginners all classes" to "Twin cylinder Expert".
The biggest number of riders in one grade was 17 in "Twinshock Clubman", in most of the others there were only two or three riders.

My point is that I believe there is a need to start introducing some level of grading within twinshock to separate experienced riders from "beginners" especially within championsghip events, although not to the extent that the Poms have gone to.
We have seen the extremely competant riders in SE Qld taking to Twinshock bikes and having a great time and good luck to them but wouldn't it be great for a guy to drag a bike out of the corner of his shed knowing that he could have a ride and compete against guys of equal ability.
Thats my tuppence worth except that I am thinking of changing my pen name from Twinshock to VIBSA ( Villiers / BSA,, get it ?)and also, my apologies to anyone who suffered dazzle burns after inspecting the polished alum on it at the LRMTC Interclub "Show and Shine" last weekend."

Couldn't get to the titles this year but watch out for those Keihin carby's, exotic forks and those Domino throttle assemblies, etc etc etc
Twinshock

gazam
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: TY175, TY 250
Club: LRMTC, MTCQ! SQTA

Postby gazam » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:27 pm

my apologies to anyone who suffered dazzle burns after inspecting the polished alum on it at the LRMTC Interclub "Show and Shine" last weekend."
Attachments
VILLIERS.jpg
A picture tells a thousand words

Twinshock
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby Twinshock » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:17 pm

Thanks Gazam
I didn't get a pic for myself on the day, thats a good one, after riding it in the event I had to dust it off before I could take it home.
Cheers
Twinshock

gristy
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby gristy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:39 pm

It was spanish bike that started this mess David.But I was one of many trying yo get bike in, even emailed the man himself SAMMY MILLER got the secatary though.She confirmed bikes were made in 64.Other people found article with Sammy competing on bike Nov64.I just dont want a bike that has been competing at tittles the last few years not getting in next year because frame engine numbers over 64 but bike is still the same after 64.Yet you could build a replica frame out of chromemolly or alloy for say a Bantam throw aTY175 engine into the Bantam cases with ceramic piston & still be able to compete or TLR into Cub engine.There was 125 Bantam competing in classic road that had aTZ 125 YAMAHA & 6spd gearbox grafted in the original cases.Iwould just like to keep our PRE65 close to ERA as possible & in the finacial bracket we all can afford.
Twinshock(Vibsa)thats not a TY front end on that bike?Here is an idea about twinshock comp,good riders ride c grade mono(blue plate).New riders or less ability riders ride clubmen(white plate).Intermediate riders ride clubman & 2 or 3 easy c gradelines(spam black line)That way it makes it easy on observers, that way you dont have to put more splits in.I enter NSW rounds as a clubman then ride as many c grade lines as I can.Im not there to win but to have a goodtime & try to get more riders to classics.I go to the tittles also to have fun to help support the class.Someone got to make the others look good.I know I will never win body wieght 110kg bike rigid Cub like drinking no practice & not much ability.At the end of the day what do you get if you win classic tittles,a piece glass wood etc& name printed in MOMS.There is no sheep or cattle station, no free entry into the PRE65 SCOTTISH.
Regards Gristy

SQUAT 405
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: beta 13 factort 300
Club: S.Q.t.A.

Postby SQUAT 405 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:44 pm

Hey Twinshock i was dum founded you didnt win best presented as well!!!!!!!

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Thanks Gristy. I suspected it might have been a Bultaco M10 that you were talking about before. The one I have in mind probably won't be controversial as it is an M3.

relax, nothing is under control

brt650
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Bultaco 350 Sherpa T
Club: DMCC

Postby brt650 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:06 pm

Hey Gristy,
When you weighed yourself at 110kg's did you only have one foot on the scales? :shock:

Twinshock
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby Twinshock » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:28 am

Its definitely not a TY front end Gristy but like most Classics I'll wait until someone identifies what they think it is before I start producing the evidence, its pre 65 though so I can sleep at night. I like your thoughts on introducing some different ideas for levelling Twinshock rider ability and what you are suggesting is already being operated in SQTA
Div 4 and works very well, I'm sure it would encourage a few Twinshock bikes to participate more regularly, I might even enter the Vibsa in Twinshock

Squat 405, I was very pleased to take "the Bike with most Character" as the "Best Presented" was nice and also very original so the judges did the right thing.

Anyone else support the idea of grading rider ability in Twinshock/Classic, maybe we could bring it up at the Qld MQ Mototrials Forum in September and get something introduced in the 2014 season !!!!
Twinshock

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”