TL250 Resto

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

Warren
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: TY 175 & TL 250

TL250 Resto

Postby Warren » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:53 pm

Gday All,
I've just about got my TL250 complete in original unrestored condition. The problem I have at the moment is tracking down a inner guard & LHS side cover.
Does anyone out there have a LHS sidecover & inner guard they would like to see sell so I can finish the bike off?
Does anyone know what other inner guard was the sale as the TL250? Someone told me that the 125 inner guard was the same? Can anyone verify this.

Cheers
Warren

bogdit
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: TLR250
Club: nil

Re: TL250 Resto

Postby bogdit » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:23 pm

Warren,
Depends on which year model TL you have, The Brits do breaking on a lot of later TL models, for early girls, best to look at the U.S. sites.

Couple I have used in past and been very good for price and delivery Robbossrichdick on ebay ( UK based) or TLRTrials also ebay and UK based. Not sure if they would carry the early side panels, but could certainly give you some good advice.
Had a US contact for Honda Trials wrecking parts, but cannot find details on email list as just removed last 1200 emails due to space on file.

Regards bogdit

Warren
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: TY 175 & TL 250

Re: TL250 Resto

Postby Warren » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:17 am

bogdit wrote:Warren,
Depends on which year model TL you have, The Brits do breaking on a lot of later TL models, for early girls, best to look at the U.S. sites.

Couple I have used in past and been very good for price and delivery Robbossrichdick on ebay ( UK based) or TLRTrials also ebay and UK based. Not sure if they would carry the early side panels, but could certainly give you some good advice.
Had a US contact for Honda Trials wrecking parts, but cannot find details on email list as just removed last 1200 emails due to space on file.

Regards bogdit

Thanks for the reply. It's a 1975 model.
I have been constantly on the lookoutI for quite some time. Yesterday I missed out on a inner guard on ebay (by 5 cents). For some reason I would have thought that an old XL, MT or CR of that vintage would have been the same.
Cheers Warren

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”