Long-term one-bike twinshock owner

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Re: Long-term one-bike twinshock owner

Postby David Lahey » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:09 pm

mtbrider wrote:That old photo of the bike near the pool brings back some memories. Colin was a good mate at school and we used to nick off from school every sports day and hang around and swim. That is if old Cooney didn't catch us and make us shift that f'n big pile of dirt from behind the hall to some place and back again before we could go home.

I heard that Colin was living over at Bulimba way and I would like to get in touch again.

David if you can pass on my number to Colin that would be great.

Trevor Anderson

PM sent with details.

Trevor
Message has sent to Colin tonight via email.
Yes he still lives near our old stomping grounds. Did you ride in the area back then? I'm trying to remember you. I lived near the water tower at Balmoral and rode dirt bikes around the Bulimba, Balmoral, Colmslie, Murrarrie, Seven Hills and Whites Hills areas starting in about 1973 on an AG100.
Regards
David

relax, nothing is under control

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:10 pm

I forgot to say Colin is on Facebook too if you want to contact him that way.

relax, nothing is under control

mtbrider
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby mtbrider » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:08 pm

David I can not believe that we didn't ride with each other at some time. But I think in your hey day 76 - 78 I was living in Mareeba and then Gladstone having been transferred in the bank there (left grade 11 to join).

Graduated to trials when I purchased a TY175C 10/77 for $583.60c which I sold when all my friends went road (I was recently told by the purchaser it is sitting all original in a garage at Cannon Hill) but couldn't stay off them for long and quickly purchased a TY250D in 11/79 for $727.00.

When I got back to Brisbane we used to ride in Seven Hills (Richmond Rd and Creek) also over the other side of Creek road in what is now the proposed golf course near Minnippi parklands and parts of what is now Carindale. Also rode at the back of the rifle range in Belmont down to Leslie Harrison dam where there were some excellent creek beds and banks for trials.

Will be good to catch up with Colin. Wonder if he remembers risking chopping off our fingers mucking around with model plane engines under his house.

tat ty
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby tat ty » Sat May 01, 2010 10:02 pm

Hey David

I spent last Saturday with Bob McGlinchy setting out Round 1 NSW course and mentioned this thread to him.

"No surprises there" he says; his first bike is back with him after much pining and with 2 custodians between.

Guess what ............ it is a 172 !

Alastair

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”