TLR Carbie

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

FM350
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Fantic
Club: Otter Vale

Re: TLR Carbie

Postby FM350 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:08 pm

The carb kit pictured is from B&J racing in the US, but I was told by OKO Aus that they can help with a kit for the TLR, however when I asked for further details they were unable to help.

OKOAustralia
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Any I can find

Postby OKOAustralia » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:07 am

FM350 wrote:The carb kit pictured is from B&J racing in the US, but I was told by OKO Aus that they can help with a kit for the TLR, however when I asked for further details they were unable to help.

FM350 - what was the nature of the further details you asked for?

Regards

Denis Lovett
Proprietor
OKO Australia

FM350
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby FM350 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:52 pm

I can see exactly how Bobs B&J carb kit fits onto a TLR, but was unable to get any information from OKO Aus as to how their kit fits onto the bikes, or any feedback from anyone who has one fitted.

OKOAustralia
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby OKOAustralia » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:57 am

OKO Australia don't sell a 'kit' for the TLR..only a few components eg. manifold, carburettor, throttle cable. That’s only 50% of the conversion. Considering an airbox modification is a necessity (unless you plan on riding at dust and water free locations), supply and demand does not warrant producing a kit nor would a kit like the B&J one be something we'd be prepared to offer for purchase. In our opinion a pod filter is insufficient air filtration protection for trials conditions. Considering the current demand we estimate if we were to offer a quality conversion kit it would retail at well over $1000 Australian Dollars...unlikely anyone would purchase one....

FM350
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby FM350 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:48 pm

As the stock TLR air filter consists of a single layer of foam over a gauze flame trap, so I would have thought a pod type filter would be comparable to this? Bobs B&J kit I think sells for less than $500 US, so seems very good value for anyone looking to improve TLR performance.

OKOAustralia
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby OKOAustralia » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:35 am

guesswho - any comments re the airbox to carb arrangement with that kit? would also be interested to hear if the angled coupling (looks like a piece of radiator hose) that goes at the front sufficiently supports the weight of the carb. Bit concerned it (carb) may bounce around..

Regards

Denis Lovett
Proprietor
OKO Australia

FM350
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby FM350 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:46 pm

Is the OKO Australia manifold angled to allow the carbs to fit properly on the TLR I wonder?

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”