Bultaco reunion at Conondale 2011

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

brownie
TA Supporter
TA Supporter
Bike: Bultaco's
Club: denman

Re: Bultaco reunion at Conondale 2011

Postby brownie » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:14 pm

Thanks for the advice David much appreciated, I haven't ridden a QLD event yet so wasn't sure what to expect,think I've been spoilt with Denman having the 4 different twinshock lines.

By the way I thought I had read somewhere that this trial is non-stop but can't find any reference to it now, maybe I was dreaming.

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:15 pm

Hmmmmmmm.... I hear you Mark - and you may be onto something there. But what can I do for practice at home? No bowling greens or even golf courses at my place. Its a shaley, gravelly ridge with scattered deposits of dirt in a steep-sided gully. There were some grassy bits but we have had a plague of bandicoots for the last couple of months and there are now more bandicoot digs than grass.

relax, nothing is under control

David Lahey
Champion
Champion

Postby David Lahey » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:21 pm

brownie wrote:Thanks for the advice David much appreciated, I haven't ridden a QLD event yet so wasn't sure what to expect,think I've been spoilt with Denman having the 4 different twinshock lines.

By the way I thought I had read somewhere that this trial is non-stop but can't find any reference to it now, maybe I was dreaming.

You might have been thinking of the Brooweena Trial. It is run to non-stop rules. I wish there were more non-stop trials as it is great fun, and the older bikes are less of a handicap, but can be confusing for observers to have some riders non-stop and others allowed to stop. It works well at Brooweena because it is a Twinshock-only trial.

Mark K
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: TY175, OSSA MAR
Club: WDTC

Postby Mark K » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:04 am

David Lahey wrote:Hmmmmmmm.... I hear you Mark - and you may be onto something there. But what can I do for practice at home? No bowling greens or even golf courses at my place. ......................

At the risk of sounding rude - What were you thinking David, when you decided to live there?
Seriously, there is a bowls club just 25 meters from my back fence, and there is a second bowls club just down the road. Just a bit over a minutes drive away is all the parklands alongside Bulimba creek... beautiful manicured lawns and parklands on both sides of the creek stretching all the way from Pacific Golf course down to Tingalpa. And the council have been very thoughtful and generous and for those of us who don't even want to pollute our nice clean tyres with grass stains, they have installed a vast network of concrete pathways.

And yet David, even with these wonderful facilities available, I still use my patented 2 part practice system.
Part 1 is riding from the car park to scrutineering.
Part 2 is riding from scrutineering to the start of the first section.

Bully fanatic
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Bultaco sherpa T
Club: westerndistricttrialsclub

Postby Bully fanatic » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:16 pm

Hello all. Just a quick comment on your two part practice technique Mark. In two parts of course. HHHMMMM! HHHMMMM! Graham.

BOGWHEEL
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Bultaco
Club: TCQ

Postby BOGWHEEL » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:17 pm

Just purchased another Bully (M158 in original but tatty condition), the most by far i've ever paid for one :oops: , but much smoother than the 325cc and has brakes.
Hopefully i get time to sought it for the weekend - otherwise it will be the jerky M199.

David Lahey
Champion
Champion

Postby David Lahey » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Attachment is recent Spanish review of the Bultaco M49 courtesy of brownie. The translation into English is by machine so some bits may read a bit strangely
Attachments
M49 test todo-1.pdf
(390.12 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”