Sherpa ?

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

BOGWHEEL
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Bultaco
Club: TCQ

Sherpa ?

Postby BOGWHEEL » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:23 pm

Have got my M158 frame in to be straightened (Dave Kellett) and i mentioned to him about the wheels being not aligned on sherpas, as per Trials Central forum. (which confused the crap out of me)
He has questioned this and need info on what is what to line everthing up. Could someone please help?

Also i am missing the head steady (250cc)and have not been able to purchase one. Can any body help with one i could copy from please?

Thanks - terry

brownie
TA Supporter
TA Supporter
Bike: Bultaco's
Club: denman

Re: Sherpa ?

Postby brownie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:05 pm

G'day Terry,

The frame as far as I know is straight its just the wheels that are offset to the centre of the axle, my M125 front wheel is offset to the left about 10mm, my M49 is about 10mm to the right both rear wheels seem to be about centre.

I have a M159 head steady but I think it is bit longer than the M158 one PM me if you want to give it a try.

Cheers
Ross

BOGWHEEL
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Bultaco
Club: TCQ

Postby BOGWHEEL » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Thanks Ross
The 350 stay is heaps different - might have to start from scratch.
So the back wheel should line up with the engine mounts, and the rear hub offset to line up the srockets?

Bully fanatic
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Bultaco sherpa T
Club: westerndistricttrialsclub

Postby Bully fanatic » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:36 pm

Hello Terry. Graham here. The thing on trials central as far as I can remember was on the front wheel not lining up in the middle of the forks. I have looked at a lot of different model Bullys and none of them had the front wheel in the middle of the forks. Even the Metrellas and the TSS`s aren`t in the middle. Go off the rear sprocket lining up and try to put the front wheel in the middle of the rear wheel. If it does not then that is how it wants to be. I had a look at my frame today as it was sitting on a table and the steering stem is going off to one side and the front downtube has a nice bend in it. I don`t think it liked coming off the trailer after the QLD titles and is probably why it felt a bit strange after that as well. More repairs. The 158 head stay I can get hold of one and can probably make one for you out where I store my bike. Send me an e-mail and we can organise it. My old 158 used to have a bend in the middle of the frame and the only effect it had was it turned one way better than the other but not much though. Graham.

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”