alpina 350 crank ect to 199

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

Bully fanatic
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Bultaco sherpa T
Club: westerndistricttrialsclub

Re: alpina 350 crank ect to 199

Postby Bully fanatic » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:40 pm

Hello ims6210. The most used gearing on the Sherpa`s was 11/46 but I was just reading in the history of the Sherpa T that a 72 350 Sherpa the gearing was 13/52 and on the 79 it says they were increased from13/46 to 11/49. On mine which has a 151 motor in it I run 11/42 which I like but I ride on the clutch so it might not be for everyone as it is highish in first and most hillclimb sections I use second gear and very rarely third. Third is almost highway speed. I am not sure what second hand sprokets I can get hold of, I know I have an 11 tooth on there which is not worn out but it is worn. I will have a look tomorrow for you. You can get the Femsa coils rewound for not to much money as well. Have a look on the internet for small engine coil rewinds and see what comes up. Graham.

lms6201
Junior participant
Junior participant

Re: alpina 350 crank ect to 199

Postby lms6201 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:26 am

thanks graham , i found a coil yesterday afternoon , seems my local stocks a chinese femsa /motoplat copy , i,ve got a sproket ordered ,an 11 and a 12 , i borrowed one off the older twin for a quick ride ,along with the fuel tank , (one off the bike is cracked around the tap) i have another coming soon, must have done something right , goes hard , needs leaning in the mid , mine will have the 151 tran so the lower final gearing will suit

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”