Yamaha TY250A Enduro Specification

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

thornie
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: TY250A

Yamaha TY250A Enduro Specification

Postby thornie » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:27 pm

In the parts list for the `74-5 TY250A there are parts listed under the heading 'Alternate Parts For Enduro Specification" that cover foot pegs, rear brake pedal, pivot shaft and steering stoppers.
I have been unable to find any other reference to this Enduro Specification from Yamaha, other than the above and wondered if any forum member has information on this subject that can enlighten me as to the manufacturer`s intent.
Thank you for your assistance.

tat ty
Expert participant
Expert participant

Re: Yamaha TY250A Enduro Specification

Postby tat ty » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:20 am

Thornie

I have an A model with the enduro kit fitted.

The adaption of the footpegs brings them forward about 50mm.

The brake pedal is also longer to compensate.

There are also a couple of "baubly thingies" that bolt over the stock footpeg mounts to lessen the sharpness.

There is also a slightly longer swing arm bolt to facilitate the footpeg adaption plates.

There is a longer seat, which was supplied seperately.

I have no knowledge on steering stop points and also have a complete brand new kit, which has no inclusion of anything to do with this.

There is a kit on Ebay at the moment (Item no 290799113939) Expensive, though they often pass through ebay as individual components.

The overall effect is that you ride seated in a more upright position, which at the end of a full days trail ride, I must say can be "quite nice"

Alastair

Guy53
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Ty250A
Club: ATAQ

Postby Guy53 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:27 am

I was working for a Yamaha dealer in 74-75 and had the ''pleasure'' of riding a bike equiped with the kit. It felt odd, not realy a trail and less a trial bike than in standard trim, maybe because of the gear ratio ( 1-2-3---4----5) and the trial tire that where so hard. But the owner of the bike was riding half the time on the road and he did enjoy it.

Guy

thornie
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby thornie » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:52 am

Hi Alastair,

Thanks for your reply.
I have been told the steering stops (part # 493-23432-10) only fit the `75 model. I have never seen them fitted.
Again I have been told, but have never seen, that Yamaha published a four page information document on this option complete with instructions and photos on how to install, etc. This I would like to see.
I have accumulated all the parts for this conversion except the seat and yes it is expensive, even collecting them individually off ebay so I will be interested see how they work when I finish the TY250A I am restoring.

tat ty
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby tat ty » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:08 pm

Thornie

I do have that document.

I'll copy it for you and if you PM me with an email address, Ill send it to you.

Alternately call me.

Alastair Farquhar

0409 603 880

thornie
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby thornie » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:13 pm

Hi Alastair,

PM sent. Thank you for your assistance.

Regards