NSW Twinshock and Classic Champs

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

mike-b
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: beta rev3
Club: none

Re: NSW Twinshock and Classic Champs

Postby mike-b » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:49 pm

The idea of Classic and Twinshock bikes is that they are to be in keeping with the era they were made in

Well they never had shark fins guards fitted then and for the last 40/50 years still did not have shark fin guards, so why now :?: and as magnetic lanyards/kill switches have to be fitted next year then there is no need for shark fins as the lanyard will have stopped the motor when u fall off.

Just another over reaction by the people of the NANNY STATE :(

Stu
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: SHerco, TY250
Club: Wollongong

Postby Stu » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:30 pm

great, so it out with the welder, tap & die, nuts and bolts and attack the TY250a to have this attached before the NSW championships...

Feet up, as always!

Gary B
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Gasser ! TLR 250, TY
Club: Wollongong MCC

Postby Gary B » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Stu,
You only need to do 1. I have to do 3.
TY80, TY175 (hey I welded a plate on while it was apart) & my TLR250
Wife better watch her bread boards. PERFECT for Shark fins :twisted:

Gary B. from Wollongong MCC.
Now the Old Man in "Team Boniface"
:?

Stu
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Stu » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:56 pm

this time gary. I have 2 enduro bikes to do and 4 lanyards to fit for next years comps...

Feet up, as always!

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:56 pm

Geoff Lewis wrote:Hi All, As I asked in another thread, Have you fitted your "sharkfin" yet? When I attended the Australian championships last year in W.A my bikes were knocked back at scrutineering because they weren't fitted with a "sharkfin" (Rear sprocket guard) When told I couldn't compete without one fitted, I must admit I started to lose it! Considering I had already been told, once underway to W.A, that Classics would not be considered a class at the Aussies due to lack of numbers ( a couple of gunnas didn't get their bikes ready in time ) so it was considered only as a display ride, bad enough, but then this, I sort of couldn't believe it! If Phil Whittle hadn't stepped up and bodged something together, I think I would have packed up and gone home at that stage. However, in hindsight the organisers clearly were not at fault and were only applying the rules as they were written (I checked the MOMS don't worry). The fault lay with MA and our own Trials subcommittees for not making it clear to all trials riders well in advance that the rules had changed and would affect our discipline. A short line concerning REAR sprockets was added, I was well aware of the requirement for front sprocket covers. Easy for the average punter to miss. I for one don't read the new issue of MOMS cover to cover to ferret out the changes, do you? Any way get those welders out and modify your machines, especially fun if you have something nice and original. Just watch your fingers when you're doing it! Oh and don't forget to fit your lanyard while you're at it.
Regards Geoff.

Geoff your comments about communicating changes to the MOMs reminded me of what happened when the MOMs started specifying what colour front plates applied to which classes a couple of years ago. I dutifully read the MOMs when it turned up in the mail, not long after Christmas that year, and in there I read that Twinshock Class was to run with Blue arrows and Blue front plates. I then set about repainting and signwriting front plates ready for the upcoming riding season. A few weeks later I read the supp regs for the first MA trial I was planning to ride for the year, and it had a special clause that said something like "front plates will be coloured as per the MOMs ruling". At that point I wondered how many people actually read the MOMs and would turn up with white plates for riding Twinshock Class. As it turned out, the joke was on me! I found out a few days before leaving home to ride that trial , that despite what the MOMs said, and despite what the supp regs for the trial said, Twinshock class was being run on the white line, same as the year before, so I now had to rustle up a white front plate! I don't think I was the only one who was tricked into making up blue plates that year.
Attachments
IMAG1849.jpg

relax, nothing is under control

Geoff Lewis
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby Geoff Lewis » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:13 am

Hi David, That's handy 'cause they have to be black now!
Regards Geoff.

GO CZ!

Stu
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Stu » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:50 pm

got mine fitted..have you?

Feet up, as always!

Stu
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Stu » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:28 pm

so which colour plate do I use for the NSW Championships? Green as in the supp regs? or the white plate Ive used in NSW comps all year as per the MOMS? (23.2.4.1)

Feet up, as always!

PA
2IC
2IC
Bike: Beta EVO
Club: AJS Moto Trial Club of SA Inc.

Postby PA » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:30 pm

Stu wrote:so which colour plate do I use for the NSW Championships? Green as in the supp regs? or the white plate Ive used in NSW comps all year as per the MOMS? (23.2.4.1)

Maybe you could buy one of these and never have another problem.

Click me...

Stu
Expert participant
Expert participant

Postby Stu » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:51 pm

now thats good thinking PA!

Feet up, as always!

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”