Trials helmet ?

Need help finding information or parts for that old machine in your shed? Someone in here will know!

Moderator: Moderators

wil15424
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: TY 175/Honda TL 125

Trials helmet ?

Postby wil15424 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Hi all as I have found myself a happy owner of a TY 175 I now need a helmet to help protect the Melon as I am very much a novice but looking forward to the challenge,
Anyway I am after some input from anyone who is willing.
I am unfortunately not flush with $$ and have a number of things to consider as my son Tyler also wants to join a club (Denman as we are in Lake Macquarie/Newcastle) & have a go at trials with me.
So I was looking at wulfsport helmets as they seem OK for $150 but then I like the Jitsie Tr1al which I can get posted here from Trialsbike Vic for $221 & looks the goods.
are either of these helmets good enough ?? both have the eu 2205 rating.

All help appreciated.

Then I have to consider BOOT'S (size 8 if anyone has some second hand ones they think would suit,I would be happy to consider), pants,jersey gloves as well as fees to join club,kick start course for Tyler, licence to compete hmmmm what have I got myself into.Tiedowns, shark fin, lanyard kill system the list goes on not to mention mods to the bikes but they should be fine for a good while as they have been competing at Denman previously.
sorry for the long post but lots to consider hopefully will be right by next season to have a go as its going to take some time to get the necessities.
Looking forwards to spendind a day or 2 at the NSW TS Classic Champs.

cheers Wil

I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
Socrates

Stu
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: SHerco, TY250
Club: Wollongong

Re: Trials helmet ?

Postby Stu » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:09 pm

Wil,
Ive been using an RXT open face helmet for a number of years now and not strictly a trials helmet, its comfortable for any trials day. Look for riding gear deals at the bike shops and you might come away with a full package for you and Tyler. Or ask 1 of the Trials.com.au sponsors, you never know what they may have stashed out the back.

Feet up, as always!

wil15424
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby wil15424 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Hi Stu thanks for the reply Mate, yeah that a good idea I don't need the most modern or up to date stuff so I might even go down to MCA Auburn as they often have bargain clothing etc.
Thank's Stu
Wil

Socrates

Julz
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: SWM TL320
Club: Twinshock Trials NZ

Postby Julz » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Hi

Some of the guys I ride with wear an FFM Commander helmet - very cheap at NZD $88: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=611894051

I just bought a Jitsie Tr1al helmet for NZD $170 including shipping from UK: http://www.bvm-parts.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=123_28_52&product_id=2040

Cheers
Julz

noobmeister
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby noobmeister » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:11 am

Julz wrote:Hi

Some of the guys I ride with wear an FFM Commander helmet - very cheap at NZD $88: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=611894051....
Cheers Julz

thanks for the info julz. i liked the look of the FFM Commander as it looks quite ventilated. get hot very quickly here in queensland even in winter, so i don't know what summer is going to be like! i can't see any overseas shipping options on that site, would you happen to know if they do ship to australia? it looks like i would have register with them just to ask them.

paul b
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby paul b » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:09 pm

Having a shed clean out and I have a helmet and boots which i would swap for a carton of beer.

Helmet is an Italian made MDS helmet with removeable chin guard, extra large, in as new condition.
boots are oNeal element size 12 US which equates to around a size 10 here. Very tidy to look at however the buckles are perished.

Pick up from Brookfield, Brisbane

Paul 0403 531 513

wil15424
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby wil15424 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:34 pm

Thanks paul b I have ordered a kenny helmet off trialsbike in victoria plus I have a smallish head so only need a medium size & boot size is about an 8 to 8 1/2 but thanks for the offer , maybe someone else can use them.
I would be happy to buy a second hand pair of boots if anyone has some in my size 8 to 81/2.
cheers
Wil

Socrates

noobmeister
A grade participant
A grade participant

cheap trials gear in brisbane, $132 shiro helmets etc

Postby noobmeister » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:47 am

wildethyme wrote:KD Mototrial is Brissie has Novogar boots from $275 and Shiro helmets from $132 if you can't source 2nd hand.vCheers, Craig

quote is from another thread. thanks for the tip craig. went in and grabbed one of the shiro helmets yesterday and seems to be a nice bit of kit and a good price too. they said they are clearing all their stock and focussing more on the electric trials bikes for kids so everything is going cheap.

tried the novogar boots and they looked good too but no money for them as yet. never heard of them but assume they are a reputable brand in the trials world?

Return to “Twinshock & Classic Trials”