Hi I'm new

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

bigdamo
B grade participant
B grade participant

Hi I'm new

Postby bigdamo » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:01 am

Hi I'm new here.I thought I'd introduce myself.While i haven't just yet got a Trials bike i plan on getting one soon and competing next year(still trying to warm my wife to the plan)I did a bit of trials riding 30 years ago but then went onto moto-x and enduro's now its time for Trials.I plan on asking some Questions and hope you can help me out.Thanks and Hello.

richardr
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Gas gas TXT 250

Welcome back!

Postby richardr » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:01 pm

Hi,

I have just returned to Trials riding after 30 years absence too. . It's the greatest fun and there's a lot of 'old farts' like me still i the sport or returning to it.
Lots of people have remarked how much more relaxed it is than enduro or MX. You have a chance to stop and have a rest between sections, chat with your mates and have a good time.
When you fall off it's nowhere near as bad because its all at slow speed. My wife took one look at a trial after 30 yaers and said "Yes. . go ahead and buy a bike, I can see you will love it" and I do!

Stu
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: SHerco, TY250
Club: Wollongong

Postby Stu » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:29 pm

C'mon join up! I'm aiming to play next year! The injury rate is far lower than the MX or Enduro crowd. Even arthritic riders feel better after a Trial!

Feet up, as always!

NUDGE
Junior participant
Junior participant

I'M NEW TO

Postby NUDGE » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:26 pm

HI GUYS,

I'M NEW TO JUST THOUGHT I'D SAY GDAY,

I GOT OUT TO THE SA TITLES THE OTHER WEEKEND (I WAS LUCK ENOUGH THAT IT WAS RUN ON THE PROPERTY NEXT DOOR) HOSTED BY THE KMCC.

I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU ON HOW RELAXED THE WHOLE SPORT IS BOTH FOR COMPEDITORS AND SPECTATORS. THE THINGS THAT IMPRESSED ME THE MOST WAS THE FRIENDLY NATURE OF THE SPORT AND THE AND HOW FAMILY ORRIENTATED IT IS.

I WANT TO GET INTO THIS, WHEN I TOLD MY WIFE OF MY INTENTIONS SHE DIDN'T YELL AT ME OR EVEN HIT ME, INSTEAD SHE HAD A QUICK THINK AND DECIDED SHE WANTS TO DO IT TO.

NOW I HAVE TO FIND AN ENTRY LEVEL BIKE THAT WE CAN SHARE FOR A WHILE UNTIL WE GET INTO IT A BIT MORE SERIOUSLY. I THINK I MAY START WITH A 2007 GAS GAS (YEH RIGHT... ONLY IF I CAN GET ONE FOR $3500)

HAVE FUN,

If in doubt ...... GO FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

ang s
Junior participant
Junior participant

Welcome to the Trials family.

Postby ang s » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:05 am

Hi and welcome.

How about you get your wife to ride also. It's a great sport for the females. My hubby and I both ride up in Central Qld and even if he's out of town working, he makes sure my bikes right to go.
No matter where you go to ride you are always welcomed.It's one of the most freindly amd family orientated sports I know.
Good luck with getting a bike - or 2 !

Cheers foe now, Angela.

No obstacles - only challenges.

Return to “Trials Talk”