To all old Trials Riding Poms...

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

paulm
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: BSA Bantam
Club: Wollongong MCC

To all old Trials Riding Poms...

Postby paulm » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:44 pm

If like me your old trials riding Pom, particularly an old North of England trials riding Pom, you've probably ridden at Addingham Moorside - I rode my first off road bike there - when Doug was a nipper and his old man reckoned he was rubbish – just goes to show even Mart gets it wrong sometimes.

Anyway for those of you that don’t know the place, Addingham Moorside could easily be regarded as the ‘Mecca’ of modern day trials. It’s probably one of a handfull of global sports venues where even an absolute beginner can compete alongside, ride with, learn from and talk with World Champions in their chosen discipline.

I say can. Perhaps I need to say could ride with, learn from… because sadly, the local Bradford Council has forced the closure of the site for a minimum of 12 months due to ‘local pressures’ and they need help with a few letters and petition signatures.

You'll find the details at the link below - If you get the chance let’s give the lads a hand, I know they’ll greatly appreciate the few minutes time it takes to sign the petition… or better still pen a short note.

http://www.trialscentral.com/petition/index.php

Globally yours in Trials (and Tribulations)

Paul McGrath

ajharry
C grade participant
C grade participant
Club: Juventusmcc.org

Addingham

Postby ajharry » Tue May 29, 2007 10:53 pm

I would just like to re-inforce this issue with any onlookers.
This hopefully temporary loss has and will affect any trials rider planning to come to the UK.
This is no 'street' petition, take a scroll down the names list. Theres about 20 that could win an Aussie title...
It's only a point and click now...

keep your feet up!

N*A*M
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby N*A*M » Wed May 30, 2007 1:33 am

1351 and counting

Team Front Up Freestyle
http://www.frontupfreestyle.com

Return to “Trials Talk”