Beginners trials

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

bigdamo
B grade participant
B grade participant

Postby bigdamo » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:14 pm

Bill_Guthrie wrote:I have got to tell you despite our best efforts to accomodate those who complained about the standard of the sections it has not transformed into entries for the day on 11//11/07.

At lot of effort has gone into this open meeting by a lot of people and it has meet with not a lot of support.

If we continue for 08 is yet to be decided but the entry levels would indicate that there is not a lot of interest.

Bill Guthrie.

Maybe a few will enter on the day as there is only $5.00 difference in early entry fees and enter on the day and by the time you go up and stand in line at the bank to get a cheque (if you don't have a cheque book)It's maybe not worth the hassle?Easier to enter on the day?

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

Postby The Hell Team » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:12 pm

Correct Damo
And we'd love as many late entries as possible, if anyone is unsure, just remember as Dave says....... "It never rains at Pacific Park"! Personally I think he's fibbing, but please come and support our last trial of the year, and guarantee the support and big effort of all the organizers , and event sponsors, into 2008 and hopefully the Ozzy Titles in 2009 back at The Park.

Be there!

Sponsors of the event: Flagpole World, The Hell Team, and TrialZone.
Attachments
OpenTrial.gif

The Observer
B grade participant
B grade participant

Beginers Trials - Pacific Park

Postby The Observer » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:19 am

Hi All..
Look forward to catching up with Neo, Bill, Paul A and the regulars.
I wasn't aware that the event would be open to entries on the day....Perhaps several possible entrants observed the "closing date" for entries in the sup regs and have now booked other activities for their Sunday???
Is it worth(your) while putting a post in this forum to try and capture some late commers.??
Any chance of a "Who's Entered and grade" list in this forum?
I hope to get to the 'Park for Saturday afternoon practice. will there be any formal / informal training session on the Saturday?
Cheers to ALL
David

paulm
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: BSA Bantam
Club: Wollongong MCC

Postby paulm » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:50 am

If anyone has an email list I'm happy to send a bulk email - and I'm happy to make this offer to any NSW club who needs to get the message out in the future - I'll provide the resources of my Ad agency for nix - perhaps I should have done this earlier but I stupidly assumed everyone knew about the trial... and perhaps they don't... This offer goes for next year too - just send me a PM and we can get it going.

Paul Mac

Neo
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: 06 Sherco 250
Club: TCC

Re: Beginners Trials

Postby Neo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:20 am

Tony C wrote:Just to confirm, this is an Open Trial, not an Open Free Trial (as we ran ealier this year).

Sorry Tony, but I'm afarid that's as 'clear as mud' :(

I find the word "Open" over used in the world of Trials. So can you please explain what you mean?

Best of balance.

Neo

"Nothing more and nothing less than the vision of success"..... Ryan Leech
"TRIALS....It's not life or death....It's much more serious than that!!".....

Tony C
C grade participant
C grade participant

Beginners Trials

Postby Tony C » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:13 pm

Earlier this year we ran an Open Free Trial, similar to that being run in Europe, where the object is to accumulate as many points as possible in each section. The splits being graded in difficulty at obtain points. The rider is free to chose the line at each split, there being 4 or five splits per section.
The winner being the highest total.

This weekend is a normal Open Trial, where you lose points in the normal way. Run as per MNSW & MA guidelines.
Open (to anyone) as opposed to Club Trial.

Tony C

The Observer
B grade participant
B grade participant

Beginers Trials...

Postby The Observer » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:52 pm

I know of several people who have just bought bikes and are new to trials and / or existing riders who haven't got around to getting their National restricted Licence.
Will "one event" licences be available on the day?

Tar
David :D

ned kelly
Junior participant
Junior participant

Re: Beginners Trials

Postby ned kelly » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:35 pm

Neo wrote:
Tony C wrote:Just to confirm, this is an Open Trial, not an Open Free Trial (as we ran ealier this year).

Sorry Tony, but I'm afarid that's as 'clear as mud' :(

I find the word "Open" over used in the world of Trials. So can you please explain what you mean?

Best of balance.

Neo

Neo
Maybe "open" your eyes and read the rule book, it's available to download online - you don't have to put your hand in your pocket and get a license or anything.

"Ah well, I suppose it had to come to this".

Neo
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: 06 Sherco 250
Club: TCC

Postby Neo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:59 pm

Ned,

Well forgive me for asking such an outrageous question.....And for getting you out of the wrong side of bed, again.

The cost of a Licence is of no concern to me. And I have a copy of the rule book too.
So if I ever choose to lower myself to your winging intellect. And something major stops me having my daily ride……I will take you up on your suggestion.

Best of balance.

Neo

"Nothing more and nothing less than the vision of success"..... Ryan Leech
"TRIALS....It's not life or death....It's much more serious than that!!".....

ned kelly
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby ned kelly » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:44 pm

c'mon Big Guy.... less moooing, and more milk!
come have your daily ride at the trial on Sunday, and show us your stuff. If your up too it!

"Ah well, I suppose it had to come to this".

Return to “Trials Talk”