NSW Licence Dramas

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

sherpa
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: gasgas/sherpa
Club: pacific park

NSW Licence Dramas

Postby sherpa » Tue May 17, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi I was just wondering if anyone else has had dramas renewing their NSW competition Licence. Mine has just arrived after six weeks, yes thats right six weeks. I sent my application away on the 1st of April and it arrived yesterday the 16th of May. After ringing several times I was told my licence had been sent several times yet it never appeared. After becoming pretty upset on the phone last thursday yet another one was sent which actually turned up. I get the impression they actually tell you anything you want to hear just to get you off the phone. Pretty poor performance in this day and age.
Cheers Greg

badbowie
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: ty 250

Re: NSW Licence Dramas

Postby badbowie » Wed May 18, 2011 7:59 am

Yep its a pretty common thing. They take the money straight away, then take an eternity to get the licence out

paulm
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: BSA Bantam
Club: Wollongong MCC

Postby paulm » Wed May 18, 2011 1:37 pm

We are led to believe that MNSW had problems with their Licence Printing Machine – They provided clubs with rider indemnity forms last month until they could get through the back log.

I’ve received mine recently too, so I’m guessing the problem is slowly being solved.

It’s also worth checking that the next renewal date on your new licence is correct – mine wasn’t - but in fairness they fixed it up by return post.

Paul McGrath

Posted by Paul McGrath on behalf of the NSW Moto Trials Promotions Group.

PA
2IC
2IC
Bike: Beta EVO
Club: AJS Moto Trial Club of SA Inc.

Postby PA » Wed May 18, 2011 2:55 pm

paulm wrote:It’s also worth checking that the next renewal date on your new licence is correct – mine wasn’t - but in fairness they fixed it up by return post.

Paul McGrath

Posted by Paul McGrath on behalf of the NSW Moto Trials Promotions Group.

I remember a rider getting his licence back in 2004 with an expiry date of 2050. Small typo and he had a 46 year license.

keithj
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Gas Gas 250
Club: OMCC

Postby keithj » Wed May 18, 2011 11:25 pm

Move to Victoria... :P
MV are turning them around in about 2 days. Posted Tuesday, received Thursday. No kidding! =D>

Keith.

-> Mouse Magnet <-

Geoff K
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: TLR 250
Club: DMCC

Postby Geoff K » Thu May 26, 2011 9:10 pm

Hi all
Sorry for taking so long Greg but anyway here it is.
THE MNSW LICENCE STORY
These dates are accurate, due to diary logs, e-mail or cheque dates.

Mine and Joshua’s (my son) Licences expired on the 31-3-11. I started the licence renewal process on the 6-3-11 with the attendance of the Denman junior coaching day at John Lyal's place.

- 11/3/11 Application/Renewal and Cheque were posted

- 22/3/11 Cheque was drawn

- 5/4/11 I rang and spoke to MNSW and told them that the NSW round 2 Titles was on the 10/4/11 and I needed a licence. They told me that they had experienced some problems with the printing machine and it had now been sorted and my licence would defiantly get to me by Friday the 8th of April.

- 10/4/11 Joshua and I competed at the 2nd NSW Round with no licence’s

- We then went on two weeks holiday, upon our return and sorting through our mail Joshua had received his licence but I had not received mine.

- 28/4/11 I rang MNSW again and explained what had happened, they said someone would get back to me and they did not.

- 2/5/11 Still no return phone call I decided to write an e-mail………….. Surprise no reply.

- 5/5/11 I re-sent the same e-mail only changing the subject line to (waiting for a reply).

- 9/5/11 I finely get a reply asking me to confirm my DOB

I replied the same day after hrs and sent my DOB and Licence number and asked for this to be sorted by Sunday for the club trial on the 15/5/11.

- 10/5/11 Received another e-mail from MNSW stating that they had sent it on the 27/3/11 and that they could get another one printed and put in the mail.

I replied the same day after hrs and said that it would be much appreciated.

-13/5/11 Friday before the trial. Still no licence! I rang MNSW pretty upset asking why I hadn’t received my licence they could not explain it or offer any resolution other than me buying a one day licence to allow me to compete on Sunday. I told them that this was unacceptable and that this was not the end of it.

-15/5/11 Trial came and went with no licence.

-17/5/11I rang MNSW again and was told that my name was familiar and that my licence had been printed that day and was in the post……Again!

-18/5/11 Still have not received a licence.

- 19/5/11 My wife rang Consumer Affair and was told that they had no control over MNSW but we had grounds for a claim, they put her in contact with MA's Director who's PA spoke to my wife on the phone and was good to deal with and Before long i was recieving a call from MNSW's director Daniel Gatt. (duing this the post came and my licence was in it).
He told me he knew nothing of my situation till he was contacted by MA, he did make me feel as though he was genuinly concerned about the situation and that he was going to meet with the staff involved and sort it out. i was also promised a letter of apology that i would recieve in the next week, which i have not and for his sake i hope i get it tomorow.
So to dumb it down a bit it took the best part of 9 and half weeks for my licence to arrive,

makes your story look good Greg!

Would anyone else put up with being treated like this? I certainly hope not.

Geoff K

sherpa
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: gasgas/sherpa
Club: pacific park

Postby sherpa » Thu May 26, 2011 11:17 pm

What really got me upset was their attitude on the phone when I rang up. It was like they had to stop what they were doing and do you a personal favour by processing your licence, add to that the fact that they continually told me my licence had been posted when clearly it had not been. It is like they are not accountable to anyone and they will operate at their own pace like it or not.

Geoff K
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: TLR 250
Club: DMCC

Postby Geoff K » Sun May 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Well it appears that the lack of service or just fair opperation in general comes from the top.
i have not received the letter of apology that was promised to me by MNSW's Daniel Gatt by last Thursday :x

So..... this leaves me wondering what to do?

Do i chase the letter?

Or should i be happy now that i have a licence?

Maybe i could get my wife to call them again :lol:

Seriously, I would love to see some posts on this, tell me what you think.

Thanks
Geoff

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Sun May 29, 2011 7:49 pm

Geoff you could join a Victorian or Queensland club to get your MA licence on time. Surely it doesn't have to be an MNSW licence and you can be a member of more than one club.

relax, nothing is under control

Greg Harding
Golden Basket of Smiles
Golden Basket of Smiles
Bike: NUMEROUS
Club: LRMTC & SQTA

Postby Greg Harding » Mon May 30, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi Everyone,

After being frustrated and lied to (which is the most depressing part) a couple of years ago. Rang MQ, told my story, faxed off an application, received a fax reply the same day including a riders permit for two weeks and had a licence in my hands inside five work days! Very impressive, so I have renewed in Queensland ever since even though I reside in NSW.

2017 Newsflash: RUST IS THE NEW BLING !
Team Hardwood, the only licenced trials riders in Coffs Harbour!
Miles of Smiles
Greg Harding

Return to “Trials Talk”