Scorpa SY250R Super LR

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

BJ
Expert participant
Expert participant

Scorpa SY250R Super LR

Postby BJ » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi Guys,

After many successful trail rides on a Scorpa with only minor mods (+1 tooth on front sprocket, Gasser rear brake disc and a rear disc guard to reduce mud build up on the pads) I have found the bike a great short range single track/mountain machine and even a reasonable trail bike if you don't mind carrying fuel on your back.

I'm about to start making a blank/mould for a Super Long Ride Tank to fit 2T Scorpas. I'm not sure of the end tank capacity yet but I would be aiming for around 8lt with the tank extending up under the seat but still the same around the engine and air box to evenly distribute kgs and not limit steering lock.

If anyone is interested in getting a tank while I am having some made please contact me becuase it will make each unit cheaper if there is a few done off the one mould. The design will include an enduro style seat (you actually sit on!). This would make the SY a great lady's/beginners/junior trail bike that has real capacity or for the more adventurous a really nimble mountain machine if you did an upgrade on the spring rates and valving of the front forks and being a Yamaha engine, maybe even up the top end power a bit.

I must admit the 2T KTM is fun but the Scorpa SY250R is still the greatest mountain motorcycle I have even pitted against the enduro riding throttle jockies :lol:

BJ
Gone over to the Dark Side for a bit!!!!
http://www.parlagully.com

Return to “Trials Talk”