Womens Cup Canberra

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

BorisTas
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: '12 Cabby , TRL260
Club: TMTC

Womens Cup Canberra

Postby BorisTas » Tue May 17, 2011 9:33 pm

So can anyone let out the secret? is this event actually happening? is it happening on the scheduled date, as per the Calendar on this site? Or is the rumour I'm hearing correct? ......anyone :? if we are to traverse water and land to attend this prestigious event we need to make bookings fairly early to avoid paying the fully inflated fares, it would seem we have already blown a cup’la hundy by trying to be organized and booking some airline tickets :x Thank heavens I held off on the re-mortgage for the boat fares!!

"I'm all for buying more bikes more often. Why pay off the morgage or save for retirement or stick your money in super, buy bikes and live." {Craypot}

paulm
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: BSA Bantam
Club: Wollongong MCC

Re: Womens Cup Canberra

Postby paulm » Wed May 18, 2011 1:27 pm

Hi BorisTas

I’ve contacted TCC and they have confirmed that the 2011 Sherco Womens Cup is going ahead BUT there is a date change – it’s now on July 10th.

For any other enquires about the trial, please contact Trevor Bennett at trialben@homemail.com.au

Hope this helps with your planning.

Posted by Paul McGrath on behalf of NSW Moto Trials Promotions Group.

BorisTas
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby BorisTas » Wed May 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Well thanks very much for the reply there Paul, at least someone took the time to let us know what's going on, I'll refrain from a full vent, however let's just say "NOT HAPPY JAN" , obviously people fail to realize just what's involved in organizing this sort of trip, interestingly enough the event is still listed on this site as the 3rd July and still no official anouncement.........certainly will be looking forward to the South Aus Trials week, it would seem they are a little more committed !!!

"I'm all for buying more bikes more often. Why pay off the morgage or save for retirement or stick your money in super, buy bikes and live." {Craypot}

paulm
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: BSA Bantam
Club: Wollongong MCC

Postby paulm » Thu May 19, 2011 8:49 am

Calendar updated thanks BorisTas

Paul Mac

BAT Woman
LittleMissBrainy
LittleMissBrainy

Postby BAT Woman » Mon May 23, 2011 1:53 pm

Hey Boris,
sincere apologies for your issues. I would normally have been on top of all this as I usually do all the lead up, etc. However, this year, I have had to withdraw from my usual role because of health & personal issues.
I believe Kristie has spoken with you & you are happy with the calendar change now?
The irony is that the change of dates was to help you, not antangonise you. We are all very excited that Laia Sanz is coming to Australia to do an FIM Women's Trials School on 16-18 July & thought wouldn't it be fantastic for the interstaters, especially the Tassies, to have 'The Cup' on the preceeding weekend, so you could come up for the week & do both!
I only heard it was a goer on the Wednesday that you posted your 1st message. So, with still 7 weeks to go before the event, perhaps it was not published as soon as it was realised. I do understand your predicament, with bookings etc., but hope this explanation will make you feel better about coming to "The Cup'?
I have always tried hard to make it a good event & even though I am not involved this year, I assure you it will be well worth coming to.
Looking forward to catching up with you all at the Women's Trials Week, in July.
Regards,
Bev Anderson-Tranter

BorisTas
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby BorisTas » Mon May 23, 2011 9:12 pm

Thanks very much Bev for your interest, it really isn't that big of a deal , rather than repeating myself allow me to post the entire contents of my reply to Kristie

" Hey There Kristie,
Certainly no personal blame being laid, just a little annoying when a phone call between a leading competitor and my daughter only late last week confirmed the date, and further dismissed any possibilities of it changing to the 10th, as you would understand the earlier one books the cheaper it is, and as Brooke and I are hoping to also do the SA thing, we need to keep the travel costs down as far as we can. We are both still keen to do the event and fortunately we held off on the boat bookings, so only a bit of a penalty with the air fares.
Anyway we will overcome this small hiccup and get on with looking forward to the event, after many years in various motorsport disciplines, on both sides of the fence; I have a HUGE respect for any one that puts their hand up to make an event happen. I wish you all every success and look forward to the event, hope you folks can turn on some nice weather for us.

Mick Luscombe

ps sorry 'bout the BorisTas it's automated from another, much much larger worldwide forum from about 8 years ago, it seems to follow on any phpBB powered site !! "

As you can see all fixed now , and thanks again Bev for your interest ....

see you at "Captains Flat"

Mick Luscombe

AdinaReed
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Beta 125
Club: Logan River

Postby AdinaReed » Tue May 24, 2011 5:33 pm

Hey Bev,

Grandpa has promised me the trip down so i will be seeing you their. But i was wondering if the event will be at the same venue as the previous years so we can book accomodation. If you could get back to me asap that would be really appreciated.

Thankyou Adina Reed :D

BAT Woman
LittleMissBrainy
LittleMissBrainy

Postby BAT Woman » Tue May 24, 2011 10:21 pm

Hey Adina,
great to hear you guys are coming again!
Yes, it is on at the same place as last year, so bring your woolies.
Good on you Grandpa!!!
Regards,
Bev
PS sorry everyone but I have lost all your email address', the kids got yet another virus on the computer. So, could any women or girls who would like to be informed about the event or just like to be on a contact list could you please send me your email address' to austranter@grapevine.com.au & I will compile a list & send it onto the organisers.
Many thanks!

BAT Woman
LittleMissBrainy
LittleMissBrainy

Postby BAT Woman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:49 pm

Hey all,
I just wanted to share with you all some communication I have recently had with Laurence Miller, MA's National Development Officer. I would appreciate any comments which I will pass on to Laurence.

Hey Laurence,

Some of the women/girl trials riders are wondering if there is any chance of running a few days at the AIS in the week leading up to the Women’s FIM Camp on 16-18 July. We have arranged to change the date of the 10th Annual Women’s Cup, being held here in Canberra, to the 10th July. As female trials riders are coming from Tassie, SA, Vic & Q’land. So, we thought we would make a week of it, & make it well worth the trip for them. We thought they could attend the Women’s Cup, then it would be a perfect opportunity to run a AIS camp while they were here, then head up to Sydney for the FIM Camp with Laia Sanz, the next weekend. It is just a thought, worth a mention. As it would be a great opportunity, for our women’s trials riders.

What do you think?

Regards,

Bev

Hi Bev,

It is an interesting though and I think it’s quite a good idea.

Unfortunately, I doubt whether my budget for this year would allow for another development camp at the AIS. Another issue would be whether the AIS would be able to accommodate us on such short notice.

Out of interest, how many girls do you think would want to attend the camp and what calibre of rider would they all be? We would obviously like to develop our women’s trials riders but they would need to have the potential and dedication to be worthy of attending a camp at the AIS.

If you can give me a rough idea on numbers, ability etc. I can look into whether it would be possible to run a camp at that time. If it cant be done this year, I can definitely look into possible holding a camp at some stage next year.

Regards,

Laurence Miller
National Development Officer
Motorcycling Australia
Tel: (03) 9684 0502
http://www.ma.org.au

Please your prompt comments would be greatly appreciated.

Bev

Neo
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: 06 Sherco 250
Club: TCC

Postby Neo » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:32 pm

Hi Bev,

We had Indra come up to our place last weekend .... and she'll soon be taking Nikki's Sherco 125 for Shayla.

I had Nikki riding my 250 with Shalya for an hour or so and demonstrated that she still has that awesome balance!
But just after they left Nikki said she wanted to ride some more and later told me she wanted to get back into Comp using my bike. She is also talking about volunteering as an Observer at the WSC just to get things roiling.

She really needs this in her life right now (for many reasons) and for me this is great news. But she needs to show some commitment first .... so I'm not holding my breath yet.

Anyway, thought I'd put that commitment up here for all to read. Feel free to chase her up if you get the time :wink:

Best of Balance.
Neo

"Nothing more and nothing less than the vision of success"..... Ryan Leech
"TRIALS....It's not life or death....It's much more serious than that!!".....

Return to “Trials Talk”