QLD Titles

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

paulm
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: BSA Bantam
Club: Wollongong MCC

Re: QLD Titles

Postby paulm » Thu May 19, 2011 8:55 am

Come on QLD – wasn't the whole idea of Air cooled Mono to keep the fun police at bay, why add another arbitrary date manufactured by rule?

Paul Mac

ianrogers
B grade participant
B grade participant
Bike: Beta Beta Beta
Club: SQTA

Postby ianrogers » Thu May 19, 2011 9:13 am

Not to mention the absence of a Family entry fee. I'd hate to be in the shoes of Western District's Competition Secretary when Chuck finds out! :oops:

"The older I get the better I was"

Chuck
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Beta
Club: Logan River

Postby Chuck » Thu May 19, 2011 5:29 pm

Hey Guys,

Im sure that the absence of the family fee is just a misprint and if you all wait a day or 2 im sure things will be rectified, awell as the issuse in relation to the air cooled mono-shock class.

Regards,

Chuck, the rocket scientist.

Rob W
A grade participant
A grade participant
Club: WDTC

Postby Rob W » Thu May 19, 2011 6:59 pm

guesswho wrote:Im Glad i read the QLD Title entry form Correctly.

Guess what Toby. You didn't read it correctly. If you did you would have seen that there is no monoshock class. Any references to it are our mistakes.

guesswho wrote:I was about to buy an Air Cooled Mono and head up to QLD for the Titles. I read the MOMS and the bike fitted the Criteria.

But the people in QLD have put in the regs that the bike has to be manufactured before 1995.

What were you about to buy? I haven't been active on this forum lately (busy recovering from flood damage to our property) so haven't kept up with the monoshock debate but I thought there weren't any air-cooled bikes made after 1995. You weren't thinking of buying a scorpa were you?

guesswho wrote:Im Glad i didnt waste my money going to QLD.

Year model cutoff or not the fact is you don't have one. The real problem we have up here is people saying they are about to buy a monoshock. I have had only two to compete against all year. So far the class is a complete non-event. Just do it and I won't mention cut off dates again.

Rob

Ca plane pour moi

Rob W
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby Rob W » Thu May 19, 2011 7:07 pm

Chuck wrote:Hey Guys,

Im sure that the absence of the family fee is just a misprint and if you all wait a day or 2 im sure things will be rectified, awell as the issuse in relation to the air cooled mono-shock class.

Regards,

Chuck, the rocket scientist.

Sorry chucky, not a misprint and not changing it. Don't like it - don't come. The more people I can piss off the more chance I have of winning a title in a proper class. :P

Rob

Ca plane pour moi

Rob W
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby Rob W » Thu May 19, 2011 7:10 pm

Diddly401 wrote:Not to mention the absence of a Family entry fee. I'd hate to be in the shoes of Western District's Competition Secretary when Chuck finds out! :oops:

Ian you know very well who the race secretary is - are you trying to get Chucky strangled

Rob

Ca plane pour moi

Rob W
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby Rob W » Thu May 19, 2011 7:13 pm

guesswho wrote:I have it lined up to buy this weekend Rob. Thats why i was down loading the entry form. No point in coming up now any way.

No, you are right. I was quite disappointed that we couldn't hold it. What bike were you buying - I am quite interested. If you are buying one I suspect it would be a very good model. But I'm stuffed if I know what it could be.

Rob

Ca plane pour moi

Chuck
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Beta
Club: Logan River

Postby Chuck » Thu May 19, 2011 8:14 pm

Rob,

Oh what a great way to promote our sport. #-o #-o #-o

Regards Chuck,

Tim Barwick
C grade participant
C grade participant

Postby Tim Barwick » Thu May 19, 2011 8:26 pm

Rob W wrote:Sorry chucky, not a misprint and not changing it. Don't like it - don't come. The more people I can piss off the more chance I have of winning a title in a proper class. :P

What the F is this about is there any wonder why trials is falling on its face in aus when things like this are said sooner or later well all be riding in our own back yards or with SQTA

Rob W
A grade participant
A grade participant

Postby Rob W » Thu May 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Sorry guys - failed attempt at humour. But now tinged with a degree of frustration. No matter what anyone does, we can't please everyone.

Trials in Australia is not falling - it is clearly growing again at last. My thoughts about the problems with trials mostly stem around the reluctance of competitors to take on committee positions within clubs, or become officials helping to run (and grow) the sport. The fact that club and official roles often fall on our non riding spouses is disgraceful. And then to have them criticised.....

By the way - we do ride in our backyards - nearly everywhere else is illegal. What is more we are inviting all of Queensland to ride in ours for the titles.

And what is wrong with SQTA? They clearly do a good job and I regret having to work on the titles preparation instead of riding my sidecar at last weekends event.

Rob

Ca plane pour moi

Return to “Trials Talk”