Trials in Newcastle Area

Want to say something about trials? Let the world know in here!

Moderator: Moderators

Morgs450
Junior participant
Junior participant

Trials in Newcastle Area

Postby Morgs450 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi Guys, if any of you ride trials in the Newcastle area can you let me know. I just sold my KTM 250 EXC and while waiting for the new model stumbled across Trials. I used to enjoy that sort of thing, although at 50 am no where near the level of ability as the riders on YouTube. I have no facination with old bikes as I grew up on Bultacos, Montessa etc, and my last trials bike was a TY250B. Due to time restraints i prefer modern and reliable, although having said that a mate is giving me his old Italjet in bits . . . so maybe. I'm keen to find out everything I need to know and have a go.
Morgs

brt650
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Bultaco 350 Sherpa T
Club: DMCC

Re: Trials in Newcastle Area

Postby brt650 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:26 pm

Hello Morgs450,
The Italjet will be a twinshock bike. pre 86. Denman motorcycle club has a trials part to it.Twinshock only. We compete in round 4 tomorrow at Giant's Creek 1km out of Sandy Hollow if you want to come and see.
To ride a modern bike ( 86 on or Monoshock ) you will need to head south to compete. Pacific Park in Sydney would probably be the closest venue for you.
Did you want to compete or just ride around?
There is a large amount of information on this website and plenty of friendly people on this forum.
Good luck.
Back to your question=just email me here and I'll let you know when we are practising. Either style of bike doesn't really matter.
I don't suppose the guy on you-tube was Toni Bou. If so, he is number one in the world and has a load of ability and more.
Cheers
Brian

Morgs450
Junior participant
Junior participant

Re: Trials in Newcastle Area

Postby Morgs450 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:53 am

Thanks Brian. Unfortunately I can't make Sandy Hollow today. If I can get to a level that is reasonable enough to have fun competing then that is what I will do. I will check out he bike in bits over the next few days and email in due course.

Return to “Trials Talk”