Hi everyone

Who are you? Why are you here? Tell us about yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Colldejou
Junior participant
Junior participant

Hi everyone

Postby Colldejou » Tue May 09, 2023 11:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I am and have always been a passionate of the trial sport. Pushbikes and motorbikes. Different circumstances in life haven't allowed me to ever have a trials bike. Now I am finally planning on getting one in the near future and I've got one question that I would like to know more about.

Rego: in Victoria there is the rec rego, that makes life easier for any sort of dirt bike including Trials. At the moment I live in :VIC: & will move to :NSW: or :QLD: in a years time. So my question is for the people living in the mentioned states. Are your motorbikes fully rego'ed? Or are they unregistered and they get towed to a certain area away from people and then you spend the morning in that place?

As keen as I am to get a trials bike, I first want to ensure that I will have a place to go and be part of a club and their activities. I would not want to see the bike sitting in the garage because I have nowhere to go.

Regards

Bully fanatic
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: Bultaco sherpa T
Club: westerndistricttrialsclub

Re: Hi everyone

Postby Bully fanatic » Wed May 10, 2023 10:09 pm

Hi Colldejou. Up here in QLD everyone who rides Trials competition usually uses a ute , trailer or a van to get their bikes to a Trial. I know from friends with Enduro bikes to ride in any national park you need full road rego on the bike or else you can be hit with big fines. This also applies to any forestry area. There are a couple of late Trials bikes which can be registered. The TRS is one. Not sure of any others but there are a couple. I hope this helps.

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Re: Hi everyone

Postby David Lahey » Thu May 11, 2023 6:07 pm

Trials
Up here at Gladstone, 550 km north of the big smoke, there is a suitable property close to town leased by one of the trials clubs especially for members to ride trials bikes on. Also, some club members have trials practice areas at their properties. There are also lots of organised trials riding days in CQ between March and November.

Off road
Off road riding is huge in Queensland for both road registered bikes and unregisterable bikes. There are lots of organised off road rides that don't require road rego and these are very popular with families. Adventure riding is very popular with people who are old enough to have a road licence.

If your move to NSW or Queensland is a retirement thing and you like being close to the beach (and trials riding areas), some suggestions are Yeppoon/Capricorn Coast, Agnes Water, Town of 1770, Bundaberg beach suburbs and Tannum Sands/Boyne Island. If you like the bush, the options are endless

relax, nothing is under control

Return to “All about....me!”