Thinking about getting back into trials

Who are you? Why are you here? Tell us about yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

womblesti
Junior participant
Junior participant

Thinking about getting back into trials

Postby womblesti » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:16 pm

Hello all,

Its been a long time and the trials community definitely didn't have an internet forum last time I was around :lol: Anyone who has been around Victorian trials>15 years (time flies) may remember me.

Just wondering if there is a calendar of VIC events, and more importantly, directions to events on here somewhere, so my wife and I can come along for a look and lend a hand this year. Hopefully she will like it as much as I used to and buying a couple of bikes is a formality.

Cheers

Blair Strik

womblesti
Junior participant
Junior participant

Re: Thinking about getting back into trials

Postby womblesti » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:23 pm

OK. Just found this post that seems to help with my questions: http://www.trials.com.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=977

From the directions it sounds like they are on the same properties as they used to be! :D

jmclean
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Montesa
Club: WDTC

Postby jmclean » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:50 pm

Good on ya Blair.
The trick with the wife is to firstly take her to a property with plenty of grass in the car park, easy walking to sections, and hopefully a snack tent that serves a nice hot cup of tea. Be sure to pack the camper chair and try to park in a shady spot.

Get the aesthetics right and you'll have a bike in the shed in let's say...one month 8)

Cheers, Jim

womblesti
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby womblesti » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:22 pm

jmclean wrote:Good on ya Blair.
The trick with the wife is to firstly take her to a property with plenty of grass in the car park, easy walking to sections, and hopefully a snack tent that serves a nice hot cup of tea. Be sure to pack the camper chair and try to park in a shady spot.

Get the aesthetics right and you'll have a bike in the shed in let's say...one month 8)

Cheers, Jim

Thanks Jim,

She's actually pretty hardy. I've got a race car and she happily comes to Calder Park and Phillip Island in the dead of winter (if you haven't been there think really cold and howling wind!). The issue will be convincing her that I don't have too many toys! Compared to the race car trials is very cheap so I'm going to use that angle!

Cheers

Return to “All about....me!”