Not me but them

Who are you? Why are you here? Tell us about yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Not me but them

Postby David Lahey » Sun May 17, 2009 8:48 pm

Here are two likely lads who have recently joined the trials fraternity up here in Central Queensland.
Rick and Mark Rann have a long history of dirt bike riding which amongst many things, includes a few years of being at the top of the game in Pony Express and Enduro events in the early 1980s.
Their competition trials riding started only 9 months ago and as you probably should expect they have taken to it like ducks to water. They are already getting to the pointy end of B grade in Club events and will soon be wanting to take on the A grade sections.
Mark and Rick unintentionally played quite a trick on others in the club when they first appeared on the scene last year. Only one of them rode at this particular trial, and the other was a spectator. There was total confusion for many of us when we would watch the one who was riding go through a section, then ride it ourselves and suddenly see him again in casual clothes just quietly watching the riding, then a few minutes later again to see him again riding through a section in full riding gear. I know at the time I put it down to mental confusion due to the heat, only to later have someone else tell me about how they were caught out too, but they had worked out what was going on. I was happy to know I wasn't really going crazy after all.
Mark has taken up trials so he can still enjoy dirt bike riding but without the high risk component that comes with the other forms of off-road racing they enjoyed much success with over the years. Mark's teenage son Jayden is also an accomplished and confident trials rider and the trials competition thing is something they are both able to do together.
I took this photo before today's club trial
Attachments
P5170001.JPG

relax, nothing is under control

Return to “All about....me!”