looking for a starting bike

Who are you? Why are you here? Tell us about yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

beau243
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: ty 250

looking for a starting bike

Postby beau243 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:04 am

Hi all im 31 years old and looking to start trials riding , I live in newcastle , I would like to know where is the closesed trials club to me and if any one has a bike for sale in the area?
I have ridden bikes all my life just looking for new hobbie and tips thanks . Beau

sharvie
Expert participant
Expert participant

Re: looking for a starting bike

Postby sharvie » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:37 am

Hi Beau,

I am from the Maitland area, so not far from you. When I ride, I ride at the Denman Twinshock club they hold 10 rides each year (3 practice & 7 comp). The club is only for twinshock bikes, built pre Dec 1986.

If you want to ride a modern bike in comp you will need to travel to Sydney. Pacific Park is most likley the closest.

For social rides, there are a few poeple around Newcastle who ride trials. Maybe put up a post that you are looking for ridding partners.

When I practice ride I usually go mid week, though wife is due in 1 week so not venturing too far from home a present.

There is a competition round comming up at Denman on 14/11/10 contact Andy Daly for details.I will PM you contacts for the Denman club & my number if would like to discuss anything

Steve

Sharvie ~ Maitland NSW

wilkopotamus
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: WR450FX

Re: looking for a starting bike

Postby wilkopotamus » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Hi Beau,

I'm in Newcastle and bought a trials bike this year (Scorpa SY-250F) and am also keen to find some people in the area that ride socially. Sydney is a bit far for me, so I've pretty much been using my Trials bike to practise skill to improve my trail riding skills. If you get a bike and want to ride socially let me know as I'm keen.

Cheers Josh

Return to “All about....me!”