Another new guy

Who are you? Why are you here? Tell us about yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Lloyd
Junior participant
Junior participant

Another new guy

Postby Lloyd » Mon May 07, 2012 11:12 pm

Howdy!

I just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Samuel (Lloyd is my car's name) from Tasmania. I don't have a trials bike at the moment... actually, I do, a TY80 I last competed on back in about 1993 in Novice.. so I'm on the look out for something a bit more modern, and bigger. I used to think I could rival Jordi Tarres on that little bike, clearly I had a wild imagination as a kid. Or I was exceptionally delusional.

I've ridden my Dad's Fantic 243 on and off over the years but got side tracked with cars and road bikes, and wanted to get a track bike for the local race track. The thing is, they're expensive buggers and you don't get to ride when you want to. So a Trials bike is the logical option - I can play a bit in the back yard, or on my parent's property, or a bunch of other places, whenever I like! It makes perfect sense to me.

So basically after almost 20 years, I've likely lost what few skills I had, but I've got plenty of places to practice when I'm not working - the joys of IT, often things need to be done outside normal hours.

Anyway, none of that was particularly exciting. This looks like a pretty good site with loads of good information, so I'll probably stick around a while!

Tomac
Junior participant
Junior participant

Re: Another new guy

Postby Tomac » Mon May 07, 2012 11:22 pm

Hi Lloyd
Im just new here too & I thought Id say G'day.

I imagin that Tassie would have some great places to ride

I hope I didn't brain my damage

Hazza
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Beta EVO
Club: TMTC

Postby Hazza » Tue May 08, 2012 12:50 pm

Hi Samual,

I have just got back into trials after a 20 year break, we have a good club here I recomend , some local bikes on Gumtree, and at Service Moto in Moonah, also check out https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tasmania ... 4272305232 or the club news letters here, next Tassie trial Royal George 20/05/2012.

Steve, Hobart

TaffyEvans
C grade participant
C grade participant
Bike: Harley D
Club: None

Postby TaffyEvans » Tue May 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Welcome guys. Whats this thing about 20 year gaps, I started riding again last year after a 20 year break also, it took a while for the old skills to return but I enjoy it as much as I ever did and I surprise myself each time I'm out riding.
Taff

Return to “All about....me!”