Bitten by restoration bug!

Who are you? Why are you here? Tell us about yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

JB15100275
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Bultaco Sherpa T350
Club: British & European Singles

Bitten by restoration bug!

Postby JB15100275 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:17 pm

I recently bought a Bultaco Sherpa T350 (1975 Model 151) which had been shed-stored for 37 years by it's first and only owner who purchased it from Walduck's Agencies in Townsville, Queensland. I have decided to restore it to original specifications.
The bike has been dis-assembled so the frame could be sand-blasted and repainted. Most of the cycle parts require some TLC and polish to return them to a good finish. Don Newell Bultaco (Brisbane) has provided replacement parts and sound advice for an "original" standard. Most of the perishable rubber items are NOS (hand grips, lever covers, cables, tyres, air-cleaner tube, kick-start/gear-shift protectors and chain-tensioner.) Other new items are: handlebars (original Bultaco), rear sprocket and chain, mud-guards, air-filter, fuel-tap and tank decals. I'm planning to complete this project in early 2013 and organise Qld concessional road registration (bikes >30 years age). The Sherpa has the original headlamp and tail-light assemblies. The frame-mounted, VDO speedo/odometer indicates 292 miles. I'm keeping a photo-diary on the work-progress so I can send a "before and after" power-point display to the Sherpa's first owner, Noel. If any other Bultaco Sherpa-T owners have advice/helpful hints for this restoration project, please feel free to contact me on 0422 982 660. Cheers.

Return to “All about....me!”