Interested road rider from Wollongong

Who are you? Why are you here? Tell us about yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

jml
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Gas Gas Racing 125
Club: Wollongong Motor Cycle Club

Interested road rider from Wollongong

Postby jml » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:14 pm

Howdy all!

I'm Jason from Wollongong ( :NSW: ), 25 years of age and I have been riding road bikes for around 1 year. I kind of got bored with road riding (on public roads, and racing is a bit outside my budget at the moment) and wanted to move towards dirt. MX looks okay but doesn't appeal to me as much as enduro, especially hard enduro. After thinking about it for a while and looking at the skills I have noticed that dirt riding has strong roots in trials techniques. The sport also appeals to me as there is a strong emphasis on mastery and correct technique. I'm 5'10.5" and around 175 lbs and thinking of getting a 200-250cc trials bike 2nd hand.

Anyway, nice to meet you all =P~

mickd
Junior participant
Junior participant

Re: Interested road rider from Wollongong

Postby mickd » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:43 am

welcome mate and enjoy the forum

paulm
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: BSA Bantam
Club: Wollongong MCC

Postby paulm » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:04 am

Welcome aboard mate.

It might be a bit quite around here for a few days since a lot of folk are down in Maldon VIC for the first round of the World Championships this weekend.

You're in a good spot for trials - Wollongong MCC has a strong trials community - the next Round of the Club Champs is on 18th May in Kiama. send me a PM and let you have the directions - just rock up and make yourself known - lots of good folk to give you the low down.

Paul Arnott at the Hell Team (http://www.thehellteam.com/) usually has a good selection of 'pre loved machinery' and young Barry from WA has put together a damn fine selection of training video's here. (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9151)

Hope this helps - see you at Kiama maybe.

Cheers
Paul Mac

jml
A grade participant
A grade participant
Bike: Gas Gas Racing 125
Club: Wollongong Motor Cycle Club

Postby jml » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:35 pm

paulm wrote:snip

Woah, many thanks paulm. That's some great information. I have actually already watched all those YouTube videos posted and subbed to that channel (very funny and informative :) ) I'll see you guys at Kiama!

Return to “All about....me!”