Looking to get involved in NSW

Who are you? Why are you here? Tell us about yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

No_Style
Junior participant
Junior participant

Looking to get involved in NSW

Postby No_Style » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:44 am

Hi All,

I'm looking to get involved in some trials riding, partly to explore something new in riding, but also to see what I can learn to take back to what I already do (which is a bit of weekend dirt riding and trackdays). So first things first, can anyone point me in the direction of an active trials/offroad club in NSW?

Further to that, since both my current bikes are unregistered I'm looking for something that I can ride more often and use on a more frequent basis to practice fundamental skills (as well as fun stuff like wheelies and front pivots etc.)
On that basis my ideal bike would be road registrable in NSW and as quiet as possible so I can play around in the yard without annoying people too much. I was thinking along the lines of a KTM Freeride (350 or 250 2t) or the Ossa Explorer (which looks ideal!). Does anyone have any suggestions on this front to point me in a good direction?

Cheers,

Kris

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

Re: Looking to get involved in NSW

Postby The Hell Team » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:05 am

Hi Kris
If you are in sydney area Pacific Park is the place to go. Great trials area and plenty of willing club members to help you out.

We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide for very reasonable rates. Ring or email with your location for freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store
whoever@thehellteam.com
http://www.thehellteam.com

No_Style
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby No_Style » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:57 am

Hi,

Yep I'm in the Sydney area, so I'll get in contact with the Pacific Park club during the week.

Any advice on the bike front?
I'm particularly interested in the Ossa Explorer as (on paper at least) it seems like exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for in that is light, trail rider able, has lights and what not, but can be converted into a nearly full on trials bike in only a minimal amount of time...Is the reality different to my imagined paradise? :)

The Hell Team
Dealer
Dealer

Postby The Hell Team » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:55 pm

I don't have ant experience with the Explorer, but I think Trials Experience in Victoria could help you with that. Another suitable candidate would be the Gas Gas Randonne 200, currently undergoing compliance testing for approval and road registration.
Attachments
Gas Gas_Randonne_001.jpg
Gas Gas_Randonne_001.jpg (91.69 KiB) Viewed 35870 times

We can crate and freight bikes Australia wide for very reasonable rates. Ring or email with your location for freight quote.
The Hell Team Trials Store
whoever@thehellteam.com
http://www.thehellteam.com

pop
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: klx

Postby pop » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:18 am

The Randonne and the Explorer look very similar, apart from the colour it seems like the same bike?

No_Style
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby No_Style » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:34 pm

I'm far from an expert (as you might have guessed :)) but I think they're pretty different bikes from an engine and drive train point of view. Ossa seems to be doing some relatively innovative things with their 2 stroke engines, which is good to see. The engine in the Explorer is a 280cc from memory...

pop
Expert participant
Expert participant
Bike: klx

Postby pop » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:50 pm

No_Style wrote:I'm far from an expert (as you might have guessed :)) but I think they're pretty different bikes from an engine and drive train point of view. Ossa seems to be doing some relatively innovative things with their 2 stroke engines, which is good to see. The engine in the Explorer is a 280cc from memory...

Yes, the 280 and now a 250 also, but there was some pictures from the Italian bike show recently, it looks like they have a small Explorer now, very similar to the Randonne with the air cooled Yamaha engine?

Return to “All about....me!”