Riding in Townsville

Going for a ride and want some company? Need suggestions for a new venue? Ask here.

Moderator: Moderators

GaryT
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: 2011 Gas Gas 300
Club: Pacific Park

Riding in Townsville

Postby GaryT » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:30 am

G'day

My son has moved to Townsville to go to uni this year and has his Beta 200 with him. It has been a long time (30+ years) since I was in Townsville so I no longer have any "local knowledge" of where to take a trials bike. Looking for places to ride, competitions if any going and people to ride with. Is there anyone trials riding in Townsville that could help us out?

Gary T

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Re: Riding in Townsville

Postby David Lahey » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:39 pm

People still practice at Mt Stuart. There is an event held at Easter time at Harvey's Range. I'll send you a PM with some names. I moved away from Townsville in 1995 but still get to see riders from Townsville when they come down for a ride at Rockhampton

relax, nothing is under control

David Lahey
Champion
Champion
Bike: Many Twinshocks
Club: CQTC Inc, RTC Inc

Postby David Lahey » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:58 pm

PM sent

relax, nothing is under control

bikesparky
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby bikesparky » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:55 pm

That place at Hervey Range closed last year. Not sure if they moved the event somewhere else, didn't hear anything.
There's not many places left at the moment. Interest grows around here so maybe.
PM me for some areas still accessible.

Shawn
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: 2012 Sherco 290

Postby Shawn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:59 pm

Hi Sparky, im off to Townsville in a few weeks time myself with a transfer my wife got.
I would love to catch up a go for a ride once we get settled in and i can get my bikes out of storage.
Shawn

bikesparky
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby bikesparky » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:36 pm

Hi Shawn. No problem! We'll catch up then.

basso
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby basso » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:44 pm

Hi guys,
Sorry I missed the previous posts. Haven't been on line for a while. There are a group of us still riding in Townsville. Every Sunday morning at Harvey's range. We've got a couple of spots. Head out of town on the Harvey's range road to the base of the range. Gun club on the left. Approx 400 meters past the gun club turn off there is a turn off to the right. Park there and the riding is just along the track. Around 8 o'clock should be some people around. All are welcome, all levels. We had a trial last week. Bit hot still thou.
Give me call if you have any questions 0409038243. Got some others spots closer to town as well which are good for a mid week ride.

Basso

JD keen
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: Gas Gas

Postby JD keen » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:08 pm

basso wrote:Hi guys,
Sorry I missed the previous posts. Haven't been on line for a while. There are a group of us still riding in Townsville. Every Sunday morning at Harvey's range. We've got a couple of spots. Head out of town on the Harvey's range road to the base of the range. Gun club on the left. Approx 400 meters past the gun club turn off there is a turn off to the right. Park there and the riding is just along the track. Around 8 o'clock should be some people around. All are welcome, all levels. We had a trial last week. Bit hot still thou.
Give me call if you have any questions 0409038243. Got some others spots closer to town as well which are good for a mid week ride.
You guys still riding at Hervey Range on weekends?

basso
Junior participant
Junior participant

Postby basso » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:08 pm

Hi JD
I’m out till around the middle of the year. Had my ACL replaced so still recovering.
The other guys are still riding I believe. Text me you phone number on the number above and i’ll Send you contact details for the other guys.
Thanks

Basso

trophy59
Junior participant
Junior participant
Bike: ktm triumph

Postby trophy59 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:00 pm

Hi is anyone still doing any trials bike riding in townsville. keen to meet up with other trials riders.

Return to “Going for a Ride”